Sunday, March 09, 2008

My Kitchen Bible...

...otherwise known as my handwritten book FULL of every recipe you've ever seen here on the blog, PLUS a few I haven't shared yet, has recently had an overhaul.
My mother's friend Pat was the giver of the first 'journal' that turned into my kitchen bible.
(henceforth known as KB)
She heard that it was full & bought me a newer, BIGGER one,
which I LOVE,
but figured it made more sense to put ALL recipes into ONE location,
rather than several.

SO, I've started the slow process of hand writing all those recipe's into the new book.

Once that is done, my old KB will be of no use to me & will need to find a new home.
I wouldn't just give it to anyone & my family knows how to get my recipes if they want them, they just ask, SO...

...how would you all feel about having a raffle of sorts & the winner gets my KB with all it's recipes & DELICIOUSNESS within it's pages?
Say, a dollar a chance?
I figure, whatever money is collected will go towards a new inexpensive digital camera to replace my beloved Nikon one that recently died on me.

I'd pay for shipping to ship it to whoever is the winner & I guess maybe pay pal would be the best way to buy a chance? What do you guys think?
I thought about just letting it sit around the house but it seems like such a waste, especially with all the fantastic goodness that's inside it, seems a shame not to find it a proper new home with one of you.
Someone who not only reads & loves our blog,
but someone who also LOVES when I do TUESDAYS WITH UNCLE STEVE & enjoys the recipes each time.

Feedback welcome, a buck a chance is pretty cheap I think & certainly even if every one of my readers went in for a chance, I could buy a cheap doable camera & someone comes out the new KITCHEN MASTER with all my Italian knowledge packed neatly (sometimes not so neatly) into that sweet little green journal.

What say everyone?

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Please. I've had your cooking, and you know I'm signing up!

Amy said...

Michelle, you're adorable, do you know that? If things stand the way they are, consider the book yours.
*hugs* luv u.

-Me

my3 kids said...

I am in too Amy. I love your recipes.

Hugs:)
Janice

Eliza2006 said...

I'm always looking for a good recipe! I'll give it a shot!

Tiffany