Thursday, January 08, 2015

These first seven days of 2015, I kept an online journal...

...here are those entries:


Day one. Today is day one, of a brand new calendar year. 2015 came in a flash & my promise to myself is to love more, laugh more, live more…
I will continue to be honest, accountable, genuine, friendly, forgiving, humble, frugal and real. 
Every day is a gift, none of us is promised tomorrow, so another thing I would like to do is to write one thing I am grateful for, each day.

Today, I am grateful for the simple pleasure of being home with my daughter, to enjoy a lazy day, together.
Heaven! 


Day two, and oh how I wish I was a morning person… I. Am. Not.
As I stand here just outside of my running shower, hoping that the scalding hot water will be somewhat of a “wake up” call, I am aware that to even be in this moment, sleepy or not, is a gift. I'm alive. Tired, but here, breathing, the day ahead of me a blank slate and any number of miracles could happen. I know I am blessed. I know I am healthy… But right now, all I can focus on is that I KNOW I WANNA GO BACK TO BED! HAHAHAHA

That's not gonna happen… Work is imminent and there MUST be TEA first!
So, today, I know I am going to be MOST thankful for that morning cup of Irish perfection that helps me get my shit in gear every day. Barry's Irish gold tea, what would I do without you!


Day three: WHO would have thought it?! Spent the day cleaning, doing laundry, hang in' with my girl & since we're due some snow tonight, we got brave with our baking & made some oatmeal craisin cookies with a tallow cake mix!
When asked how they came out, my daughter said: “Very, VERY good!!!”

Not too shabby for the third day of a new year… Aside from a Bruins loss earlier- I'd say a PERFECT DAY!

I am thankful for little moments that make me smile, and cookies that once were meant to be cake!


Day four: Last night, my MS being what it was, I kinda knew today would be a mellow one of “just getting by”. It happens. We missed CCD, we didn't leave the house, I didn't eat anything all day, only tea. Around 4:00 I did manage to make a small pot of pasta fagiole', which we all enjoyed for dinner. It's the simple thugs that sometimes are the best.
Tonight, I am thankful for a warm house & my family. 

Day five: It should go without saying, that today I am thankful for both actual full moons & literal punn's… HA!)







Day six: out with the old; my complete 12 piece Rachael Ray cookware set, retired today & passed on to my friend, Kristen & IN WITH THE NEW! 


A new, 10 piece food network porcelian cookware set, IN RED, that I am in LOVE WITH!

Bring on the meals of 2015!! 






Day seven: This morning I wrote my daughter a love note and slipped it into her snack bag. When she discovers it, she'll smile… And that makes me smile.


It truly is the little things...



No comments: