Sunday, August 17, 2008

I've Taken It BACK!

As of today, August 17th, 2008, I have OFFICIALLY taken my BEDROOM BACK!
No pack & play...
No toys...
No puzzles...
NO trace of toddler, PERIOD!

Not that I don't love my little girl, obviously that goes without saying,
but I REALLY LOVE HAVING MY ADULT SPACE & I've finally RECLAIMED MY BEDROOM!

My bed is no longer against the freakin' wall. It's in the center of the room directly underneath my gorgeous print of 'Starry Night', where I can now look up & lose myself in it till my eyes close & the dreams begin...

I also did TONS of laundry & the last load is in the dryer, CAN I GET AN AMEN!
(and by 'tons' I mean at LEAST 8 loads or MORE!)

Whole house is vaccumed from top to bottom, dusted every surface, not a trace of a dish anywhere in sight (even the dishwasher is empty!)

Don't ask, I generally LOATHE cleaning, but every once in a blue moon (looking out window to check for hue') something inside me SNAPS and I HAVE TO SPEND THE WHOLE DAY CLEANING & RECLAIMING MY HOUSE!

Did it, DONE!

Also, what this means for miss Ruby is that as of tonight, SHE IS SLEEPING IN HER OWN BIG GIRL BED (my old daybed from back in my high school days) and SHE WENT TO SLEEP WITHOUT SO MUCH AS A PEEP & WAS COMPLETELY OK WITH IT!

Thank you GOD!

Sorry no pics as of yet but still don't own a digital camera & the only one I have (my cell phone) is charging so you'll all have to do your best to use your imagination.

Until next time...

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Gold star for my la la girl!!!
xoxo

kitchu said...

I love when my house is that clean! And way to go Ruby sleepin' in her big girl bed!

Cindy and Co. said...

Way to go on the house work....lol. Your a better person than me today. Mine looks like a tornado hit it and I have 3 loads of laundry left.
And congrats on the room reclaim!!!!! I forgot how nice it was to have your own room till we moved and I got mine back. It's a beautiful thing. Sweet "feet in your back-less" dreams in your bed in the center of the room.

Cindy and Co. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.