Wednesday, October 31, 2007

But wait, there's more... *UPDATE*

So we're out trick or treating tonight...
and last year, we only hit maybe a half dozen houses, IF that.

This year,
she was TOTALLY into this whole 'TRICK OR TREAT' gig
and not only did we hit close to three dozen houses,
BUT my girl was NOT AFRAID OF THE SPOOKY HOUSES!
(Mine being ONE OF THEM!)

Every year I play this CREEPY ASS CD OF SOUNDS,
SCREAMS,
CHAIN SAWS ETC...
AND IT'S SO INSANE IT EVEN SCARES SOME OF MY GROWN FRIENDS!

So I sit down with Ruby & explain to her what the CD is,
why I play it and that it's "NOT REAL"
and only make believe to help people celebrate Halloween.

Ok,
she said she understood...
but the true test will be when we play it.
(ON REPEAT PLAY ON THE HIGHEST VOLUME
FOR ALL OF THE NEIGHBORHOOD TO HEAR!)
Yes, I'm one of THOSE neighbors...

So, she's dressed,
we're ready and I say
"Ok Ruby,
it's time for the Halloween CD,
are you ok with that?"
She looks at me,
smiles and walks over to the CD player herself
& hits PLAY.
Then says

"Ok Momma,
time a rock & roll...
time a trick or treat night!"

No lie, I stood there flabbergasted!

But wait, there's more!
So we're making our rounds of the neighboring streets
& there's this house around the corner that,
every year,
is COMPLETELY BEYOND CREEPY!
They go to EXTRA LENGTHS to scare the piss out of ADULTS,
never mind kids!

So we're approaching said house & I say to miss Ruby,
"Ruby, this next house is kinda scary,
do you want to go or would you like to go to the next house?"
My daughter replies:
"No go a next house Momma, go THIS HOUSE!"
So, I repeat to her the gist of this house:
"Ruby, are you really sure?
This house is pretty scary and it's ok if you don't want to go."

She looks at me as if I'm brain damaged,
(which, I am but that's a blog for another day...)
and says to me, quite impatiently:
"Momma, scary house NOT REAL!
It trick or treat night! RUBY GO A HOUSE!"

Well hush my beak...
my 3 year old put me in my place faster than you can say dame bramage.

OY VEY!

Pictures to follow, have to still empty the camera... but gonna watch Kid Nation first!
Stay tuned... more later.
;)

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYBODY!

*UPDATE* PICTURES!!


My little monkey with her faithful friend, Bear-O-Lantern


LOVE that all you can see in this shot is her goofy most beautiful smile!
PRICELESS!


Ok, notice how now I'm starting to get 'the look' from her?
The look that says:
"Momma, you take one more picture of me
& I'm gonna ram this banana so far down your throat... "
(baby bumble bee played by my beautiful niece,
Isabella, who didn't sting once!)


Oh, I'm sorry, you want something to take a picture of?


Here, how bout this?

Or, even better yet,
check out my ABC food!
(Already Been Chewed!)
BOGUS!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN FROM OUR ANIMAL HOUSE TO YOURS!


4 comments:

my3 kids said...

Hey Ruby your too cute in your monkey costume. Glad you had so much fun trick or treating tonight. We did too but it was cold here...rainy/snowy and the wind almost blew us over! LOL your too funny showing your mama your chewed food!!! hee hee

MB said...

Love the monkey suit Ruby. Miss Taylor was a butterfly this year. She would tell everyone that she was flying away.

Calico Sky said...

so so so so so cute! She sure is brave & the most adorable monkey! I can't believe how much Isabella has grown!!

Tini said...

she was soooo cute that night. Thanks for taking us trick or treating with you guys.