Monday, November 05, 2007

Adventures In Ballet... *UPDATE*


Today, my little girl starts her adventures in ballet.
Working at the YMCA affords me an array of choices when it comes to programs for Ruby.
First, she chose 'teeny tiny tumblers'...
...which for the first 3 classes was a hit.
After that?
Well, let's just say that the Y is very forgiving for a child who does not complete all the classes paid for & gives credit towards whatever next class the child is interested in.

THANK GAWD!
Just because I work there does not mean that classes are free.
Less expensive than everyone else?
Sure.
But free?
Not so much.

So, today, as I sit here & type this, Ruby is talking to Bear about her new class:

"Bear, you not go with me honey ok?
Ruby hafta do it by self an you stay with Momma, ok?
Ruby hafta go a ballet class and listen to Miss. Darcy, Bear not go.
It ok Bear, Ruby always come back..."

The ballet room is one room down from the childcare room where I work.
Simply put, I'll walk her down to the class, hug & kiss her goodbye, wish her luck, remind her to LISTEN to Miss. Darcy & tell her I'll be back in 45 minutes...
Momma always comes back.

Yes, I have my camera.
Yes, I'll attempt a picture.
Yes, I'll post it here upon returning home at 1pm today.

Stay tuned...

Adventures in Ballet are merely hours away...
*smile*

*UPDATE*

Behold, my extremely happy little ballerina & her faithful companion, Bear:

Patiently waiting for Momma to say, "let's go to class honey."


"I know Bear, it'll be any minute, I promise!"


"What's that Momma? It's time?!"


"NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' BOUT!"


"C'mon Momma, I don't want to be late!"
"So this is the window you get to look through, huh Momma?"


"Awww Bear, don't be nervous, I'm right here."


"Momma is my skirt on straight?"


"WOW CHECK OUT THE SIZE OF THIS ROOM!"


"Momma LOOK! THEY HAVE MIRRORS!!!"

"Yep, a girl can really feel at home here!"


"Thanks Miss.Darcy, a GREEN STAR! NICE!!"


"Momma, can we come back again tomorrow?"

*Ruby LOVED IT SO MUCH she literally CRIED when I came to pick her up
after the 45 minute class with Miss. Darcy.
She is beyond DISTRAUGHT that she has to wait till next Monday to go again.
Who ever thought a weekly ballet schedule was best,
was NOT THINKING LIKE A 3 YEAR OLD!
DAILY PEOPLE, DAILY!!!

hehehe



4 comments:

MB said...

Good luck Miss Ruby.

Taylor really likes her creative dance class with her teacher Ms. Kelly.

my3 kids said...

Awe I hope Ruby likes her ballet class today. Can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it.

Abby's Mom said...

What a cutie Miss Ruby is. She looks precious min her tutu :)

Thanks for your good wishes too!

Calico Sky said...

Oh I am so happy to hear that it went well!!!
She looks simply adorable Amy!