Friday, March 09, 2007

"Bye Bye Blue Nappy..."

Yesterday, by the grace of God, my daughter, slept in her crib for her nap.
Prior to that, she has been terrified of it, screamed about it, stayed away from it, thus hardly playing in her beautiful room at all. Only going in here & there to get a book & IMMEDIATELY run out & away from her crib.

While she slept yesterday, I decided to just take the bull by the horns & I disassembled her 'Blue Nappy' (hand me down, pack & play from her Auntie Sue & Uncle Dave) and put it in the back hall so that it was no longer an option.

I don't remember exactly why she slept in the crib yesterday, I think I enticed her to go in there cuz I A. left the music on (which she loves, it's all instrumental lullaby's in a classical format) and B. gave her every single one of her 'favorite' blankets, which equals to about a zillion.

She woke up from her nap happy & in good spirits.
Check one.
She gave me a 'snuggy hug' and asked if we could play with her 'house'. (little people doll house, she LOVES IT!)
Check two.
She peeked into my bedroom from our spot on the floor of the play room & noticed that her friend, 'Blue Nappy' wasn't there anymore.
Uhoh.
"Momma? Blue Nappy?"

"Sweetie, Blue Nappy went bye bye, Ruby's a big girl, big girls sleep in big girl cribs, ok?"

"Ruby a BIG GIRL!" smiling big.

"Yes sweetie, you're a big girl & you don't need that blue nappy now, you sleep in your pretty big girl crib with all those cute ladybugs and your special blankets AND your MUSIC!"

"Bye bye blue nappy." hugging Bear.

"Yes sweetie, bye bye blue nappy..."

"Momma?"

"Yes Ruby?"

"Play house?"

And as easy as that, the blue nappy debate was handled AND last night, for the ENTIRE NIGHT, my daughter slept IN HER OWN CRIB IN HER OWN BEDROOM WITH HER OWN MUSIC & BLANKETS & BEAR & A SIPPY & SEVERAL BOOKS and Momma didn't have to get up ONCE!

Somebody up there LOVES ME!
hehehehe

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Well congratulations to both Ruby and her Momma! That's definitely a victory for you to celebrate!!

Michelle said...

Yay! Great news!

Oh, and random... but now that you are a private blog, would you consider turning off the word verification? LOL.

Amy said...

I thought I did...? My bad, I'll go take care of that now! =)

Phyllis said...

Way to go, Ruby!!!! You're getting to be such a big girl!! Congrats-- you're doing such a great job, Momma!!

munchkinsmom said...

Yeah baby girl - you are definitely a "Big girl" now.

Congratulations - now bug Mommy for your own phone and television (only kidding).

Sherrie in HB

Miss_Deidre said...

Congratulations on this all-important step in your life, Ruby Tuesday.

I'm so proud of you ... you'll HAVE to show me your big girl crib if we make it up there on Sunday!

Love,
Crazy Aunt Didi

Yvonne said...

What a Milestone!!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!

Eliza2006 said...

Way to go Ruby!!!

Tiffany