Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I have to ask... *UPDATED*

...is no one even remotely curious
as to why I'm posting chapters of a book to the blog?

I really just find it odd
that now after having posted five chapters,
not one comment had been made
nor one question has been emailed my way.
Why is that, I wonder?

Are you all just not reading it cuz it's lengthy,
or are you all just waiting for a Ruby Photo shoot fix?

Thoughts, please?


***UPDATE***

Ok, I must confess that yes, I am writing a book.
I was hoping for you all to be my initial test audience
and to maybe get some unsolicited feedback
but shamelessly, when none appeared, I went fishing.
*grin*
It's not like I was hoping everyone would say 'oh yeah, we love it',
on the contrary, I like conflicting opinions, it helps keeps me on my toes & keeps the writing fresh.
The reality is, not everyone is going to be interested in
a murder mystery & oddly enough, I actually hate them.
LOL Go, figure.

It's just a story that's been banging around inside my head
& recently has gotten the better of me & consumed my thoughts,
so much so that I had to put it in writing & give it a life of it's own.
Literally every night while laying in bed waiting for sleep to come,
those characters would berate me with scenes,
scenarios,
things to write,
places to take the story,
it got to be so much I wasn't sleeping much.
Needless to say that now I'm sleeping like a baby
because the story is finally out of my head & starting it's journey to become a book.
I know, makes me sound like a crazy person but please just trust me when I say
that writing this story is more therapeutic than you think.
And NO I have never killed anyone, so before you ask, don't.

Just know that I'll try to also post pics of my Ruby,
truth is that although this book is consuming my head-
NOTHING ever consumes my world more than her.
Just that lately I've been forgetting to have my camera with me as often as I should.

I did take a pic of her yesterday,
as a flower,
as I'm sure you've already seen.

I must continue to write, so bear with me & if you're not interested in reading it,
I completely respect your right to not do so.
But please respect mine to post it.
*hugs* to all my readers,
without you, this blog would have far less life than it currently does.
I thank you for that.

-Amy & Ruby Cate

13 comments:

Lisa said...

Holy crap that was wierd, I just left you a comment woman!

MB said...

I haven't commented because I usually come for the pictures. Lol

Sarah's proud Mama said...

I have no idea why I haven't commented. I've been reading interestedly, though!
Robin

Michelle said...

I haven't been able to sit down and read it all yet -- just the first post!

Miss_Deidre said...

Unguilty ... I already know why you are posting them

RamblingMother said...

I figured you are writing a book but I enjoy the ruby posts more. Good luck with the project though.

Beverly & Glenys, my Wuzhou wonder

Phyllis said...

I'm enjoying reading the book-- and *sheepishly* hadn't commented how good it is!! (Now, I'm hanging my head in shame!) It is pretty good so far-- and have checked in a few times today to read the next chapter!!! I must admit-- I do miss seeing Ruby's smiles!!

Calico Sky said...

I was waiting until the weekend when I could read all the chapters in one go!
I did assume it was your latest project :)
It's your blog, you have a right to post whatever you like!!!!

Cindy and Co. said...

Am seriously missing the pics but have enjoyed the book so far. I do have to say your Italian is showing through...first chapter and your already feeding them....lol.

munchkinsmom said...

You wanted commment(s) so here it is: I had a hard time reading your chapters because of the way you had typed it (centered). I guess I am so used to reading any anything in a paragraph form and so after a couple of paragraphs, I got frustrated and skip the rest (sorry).

Another is I come over to this blog for enlightment and the chapters were too heavy for me in the morning.

Hopefully I wasn't too critical but you ask for comments.

Sherrie in HB

Kricket said...

I haven't commented because I don't usually comment much anyway. I applaud you for taking the steps to write a book. I'm doing the same. My book is still in the early stages (three chapters) and I started on it in November. It's fantasy so it's taking a bit of time. If you would like, we can exchange support and motivation for each other. hehehe I did write a children's book for my youngest last summer. I'm in the process of illustrating it now. When that's done I'm going to send it to a few publishers to see what happens. Ya never know, right? With your great love of children, and ability to relate to them so easily, that might be a venture to think about - children's books...

I hope all is going well. Take care and /hugs for Ruby!!

Kricket said...

Oh, and yes it is a bit hard to read sometimes because of the centering. :p If it got too hard though I can just copy and paste it on to wordpad to read it easier. :p hehehe

Samantha said...

I read Chapter 7 tonight I liked it! I am going to go back and read the first 6 chapters.