Monday, July 23, 2007

My name is Amy, and I'm a Harry Potter fan!

That's right, I'm nearly 35 & completely addicted to the books!
Sure the movies are fun but no movie,
regardless of who the producer/director are,
will EVER be able to capture the imagination & vivid details that my brain gives each & every one of these books. If you all could see the Harry Potter stories through my eyes, MAN OH MAN YOU'D BE HOOKED TOO!

Now, for those of you who also read the books, please note:

I HAVE NOT YET STARTED BOOK SEVEN!


I am re-reading Half Blood Prince so as to catch myself up to speed...

I will admit that years ago when the books first came out,
I really wasn't all that interested at all.
But, the day finally came that I found myself bowing to peer pressure,
and three pages into sorcerers stone- I was hooked!

I've read all the books thus far & have never looked back!

I remember it was the summer of 05 & I KNEW half blood prince was due out soon & I was determined NOT to read it until I was on that plane to China sometime in the fall, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,
I totally could NOT WAIT and opened the book & had it finished before the summer was over.
They are THAT GOOD!

(What did I bring on the plane to China? This, but it was so utterly boring, and VIOLENT!
I put it down before we even left for the second leg of the trip, the long flight to Tokyo.
Sorry Oprah, you're cute & all but I just can't get on board with that one,
despite the pretty candy coated cover!)

Back to HARRY:

To those of you thinking:
'gee, I am curious about all this Harry Potter hullabaloo,'
it's truly worth checking out.
If the first book doesn't hook you then the rest won't either...

...but I'm willing to bet that, just like me, you too will be sucked in & salivating for the next book & the next one & the next one ...etc.

HAPPY READING EVERYONE!

Oh, and NO COMMENTS about WHAT HAPPENS IN THE END OF THIS LAST BOOK!
If any of you ruin it for me you'll be banned from the blog, comprende? ;)

8 comments:

Kris said...

Glad you like the book. No offense, but I just can't get into Harry Potter. No interest in it whatsoever!! But, I am interested in how you get those links into your blog. I can't seem to master that one. How is it done????

Love Ya,
Kris

Yvonne said...

Well, I have read the first 5 books, then have taken a LONG hiatus ~ but I think I will start #6 tonight. I don't even have book 7 yet. Daughter in law is majorly hooked, too. She is halfway through book 7 - but knows better than to even talk about it with me until I have read it....

Carrie said...

I bought the book on Saturday afternoon and read until about 3 am. It is great. I sneeked a peek at the end (Always cave and do this). I only have about 100 more pages to go and I will be done.

Calico Sky said...

I'm like you, I have to go back before I go foward.
Hope you and Ruby are having a GREAT summer!

Calico Sky said...

I'm like you, I have to go back before I go foward.
Hope you and Ruby are having a GREAT summer!

Lisa said...

I've read them all including #7. I finished it in less than 24 hours so if you wanna chat, bring it on woman!

*hugs*

Mommy & Daddy said...

I just finished 7, I laughed, I cried, I didn't hurl!! Kris-you should try the Audio books. Jim Dale does an AMAZING job with them, my husband and my dad are both addicted to them!!

Alyson and Ford said...

I didn't see DH for two days when the book arrived. I have not read the HP books. I will be content to see each movie!

Alyson
LID 01/27/06