Tuesday, November 20, 2007

"Happy Anna's Roast Beef..." **UPDATE X'S 2**

Setting the scene:
7:30am, Nov 20th, 2007
Ruby & Momma curled up in bed together wishing each other 'good morning'.
Here is the conversation that followed:


Ruby: "Momma's awake!"
Momma: "Yes I am baby, good morning."
Ruby: "Favorite person in the whole wide world!"
Momma: "That's right sweetie, you're my favorite person in the whole wide world."
Ruby: "A sun and back ,a moon and back, a stars and back and CHINA and back!"
Momma: "*giggling* Yes Ruby, that's right, Momma loves you to the moon & back, to the sun & back, the stars & back and to China and back... but Ruby, do you know what today is?"
Ruby: "Morning?"
Momma: "Yes, it's morning but today, do you know what this day is?"
Ruby: slightly puzzled look as she smiles over at me, waiting...
Momma: "Today is Ruby day baby. Two years ago today Momma and Ruby first met remember?
Ruby: "Today is RUBY DAY!"
(clearly excited at the notion that a whole day was now dedicated to her)
Momma: "Yes sweetie, it's called an ANNIVERSARY. Can you say that? Ann-i-versary?"
Ruby: (thinking...) HAPPY ANNA'S ROAST BEEF!"
(I have an aunt Anna, she likes to cook) LOL
Momma: (LAUGHING) No sweetie, not Anna's roast beef, but Ann-i-versary... try again?
Ruby: "HAPPY IN-A-NURSERY!"
Momma: (beyond saving at this point, laughing so hard I may wet myself!) "LOL Ruby! Ann-i-versary, ann-i-versary, ann-i-versary... say it with Momma."
Ruby: "Happy Ruby Day!!!"
Momma: *SMILING* "You got it baby, Happy Ruby Day my luv, I couldn't have said it better myself."


It's hard to believe that it was two years ago today that I first laid eyes on the most beautiful little girl in the world.
Two years that have flow by like a dream come true.
Two years that I have woken up every morning & felt like the luckiest woman on the planet.
Two years that every night as I crawl into bed & say my prayers, they consist of merely two words:
"Thank You."

For I know in my heart, Ruby is a gift from God.
Hand picked, chosen for me & me alone.
What a wonderful gift.
My quote for this blog is so true...
"In the lottery of my life, my daughter is the six numbers and the bonus."

She really is.

We have a special "Momma & Ruby" day planned,
pictures of what we did & how we spent it to follow later...
right now,
I have my 'favorite person in the whole wide world'
waiting to spend the day with me.
*smiling*
It really doesn't get any better than this...

*UPDATE!!!*

I'm just speechless...

...that this beautiful child, is my daughter.

HAPPY 'RUBY DAY' BABY!
November 20th, 2007
The 2 year anniversary
of the HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE!

**UPDATE #2**



As with any tradition, this one is super special for reasons I can't even begin to share.


While I was in China seeing the country & before ever holding my little girl in my arms,
I was hard at work trying to think of a way to mark our special day every year,
so that it would not only be something unique for us both, but a special gift to my girl
from her place of birth.


Starting with our first 'Ruby day' I have been letting her choose ONE ornament out of a bag of over 30+ of them to set aside to add to our Christmas Tree each year.


This little green number makes ornament #3...

...and one day,
when she's old enough to move out on her own,
I hope that she takes her ornaments from Cloisonne with her on her journey,
& not only love having them,
but appreciate the sentiment in which they were given.

I can almost see her, as an adult in her first apartment away from home,
setting up what will be the first of many Christmas Trees
& tearing up through a smile,
as she places each & every ornament on her tree.
Knowing all the while, how much she is loved.


Then, after the ornament ceremony was complete,
it was time for jammies & CHARLIE BROWN'S THANKSGIVING SPECIAL!


You guys know the part when Lucy promises to hold the foot ball so Charlie Brown can kick it?


And how every time she promises,
something always comes up that she removes it from his path
& he goes ass over tea kettle onto the ground?


Well, that apparently is much funnier than we adults think,
as every one of these laughing pictures was taken DURING THAT EXACT MOMENT of the fall!

What a wonderful way to end what was hands down,
a perfect day.

Keep laughing Ruby, it's good for the soul.
*hugs*


13 comments:

RamblingMother said...

HAPPY RUBY DAY!! I remember you posting your referral and before you left on SAC. You even posted a recipe that you would miss because you would be in China on Thanksgiving. Celebrate this wonderful day.

Beverly

Abby's Mom said...

Happy Ruby day! Have a wonderful day :)

Anne said...

Happy Ruby Day! :)

Cindy and Co. said...

Happy Ruby Day ladies!

Suzie said...

Happy Ruby Day!! Ruby is just beautiful. You are very blessed.

my3 kids said...

Happy Happy Ruby Day..what a beautiful little girl you have. Love these pictures!!

Michelle said...

Happy Ruby Day! Love the pics, particularly the second one.

OziMum said...

Oh.My.Goodness... has it truly been 2 YEARS?! Boy-oh-boy... I remember, chicking your site dozens of times a day, to try and revel in your happiness! Dreaming of the day it would be me... and I'm still dreaming, 2 years later.

Ruby Cate - you are proof that dreams do come true! Happy Ruby Day to you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Ruby and Amy Day! I love the way you word things and there is so much love and honesty in your posts. Ruby gets more lovely each day. We can't wait to celebrate our adoption day in the years to come.

Best,
Susan

RamblingMother said...

Beautiful pics. When I talk to Glenys about her living on her own or getting married or whatever she gets very upset then I have to tell her that she can live with mama for ever and ever and never has to leave.

Beverly

Calico Sky said...

Oh Amy,

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY RUBY DAY!!!

the picture of Ruby lying on Bear is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! WOW!

Tulukaghogamiut said...

Happy Ruby Day from one of your lucky Fu cousins LuLu.-- and ending it with a little Chuck is just frosting on the cake. May life always be so joyful.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Wow time really does fly. THose portraits of Miss R are just stunning.