Thursday, November 29, 2007

Some Things...

...you just CAN'T put a price on.



I suppose I could have just as easily listed this doll on eBay,
but,
it wasn't mine to list now, was it?


This gift was left for Ruby, not me,
while we stayed at the White Swan in Guangzhou, China.



Why on earth would anyone see fit to take something clearly left for their child
& try to make a profit from it's sale on eBay is beyond me.



Call me silly but I'm a firm believer that toys should be PLAYED WITH,
not stashed away on a shelf for the purpose of dust collecting.
I even let Ruby play with any/all of the Cabbage Patch Kids from my doll case.
The reason I love them so much is because as a child,
I PLAYED with them,
and so shall Ruby too.
Hell, we both sit on the floor & dress & undress them over and over,
taking turns as to who gets what outfit this time.
It's a BLAST!
(yes, I really am 35, honest!)


No reason in the world is going to stand up against the one that supports the right,
for my little girl to expand her creative mind through imaginative play
& allow her to just be a kid.
Toys & children are MEANT to be together,
are they not?

So today,
after over two years since first receiving this doll,
it's finally in her sweet little hands.
(I waited till I was sure the small pieces- aka: shoes, would be a non issue)

And I have to say,
watching her play with it just now,
is something that I could NEVER put a BIN price on...

...period.

4 comments:

Calico Sky said...

What a lovely post!!

RamblingMother said...

I am tempted but I am going to wait a while longer to let Glenys have and hold hers. Right now she can behold it high upon her shelf in her very own bedroom. Great pics. Love the one of Ruby kissing that baby "Ruby".

Beverly

Unknown said...

Ours is in the box on top of Sera's armoire just waiting for her to get old enough to play with. I agree with you completely.

Anonymous said...

I agree wholeheartedly that toys are meant to be played with! If they want to collect something when they get older, fine, but no "toys" that can't be touched for my girl.

Susan