Saturday, January 26, 2008

Adoption Talk + Dinner =

...TOMORROW!
Old family friends of ours are headed over to have a sit down talk about adoption.
Bobby & his wife,
after several failed attempts at IVF,
are now very interested in adoption.
Since I'm the only person they know who has adopted,
it made sense to have them over
&
just talk to them about their options, etc...

Now you KNOW I can't have anyone over WITHOUT feeding them, right?
WELL,
I invited them over for dinner prior to finding out that they were...
(wait for it)
...VEGETARIANS!
WOW,
ok- no problem,
just a new game plan,
cuz I was SO going to make this,
but now?
(not so much)

So,
that having been said,
I've turned my attention to a dinner menu that is sure to please...

Main Course

&

Dessert!

I'm sure I'll take some pics of the finished products but for now,
the links will have to do, k?

It's funny,
I really can only give them insight into my adoption journey to miss Ruby,
which may or may not be helpful depending on how long they're willing to wait to be parents.
With China's wait time frame now bordering 3+ years,
I'm sure they may find that slightly discouraging to say the least.

I will share with them that originally,
my plan was to adopt through M.A.R.E,
(Massachusetts Adoption Resource Exchange)
where you adopt an older child through the foster system.
(and for the record, that plan is certainly NOT gone,
just on a back burner for now...)

If they're willing to adopt an older child,
then perhaps that will be the route for them.
It's just such a personal decision,
that I really can only offer information into my experience
&
hope that that,
paired with a good home cooked meal,
some books to borrow and read,
&
catching up on old times,
that they come away from this with a positive outlook
&
hope for their future forever family.

We'll see.
Keep them in your prayers please,
as I know what a tough time they've been having.
Thanks & I'll keep everyone posted...

1 comment:

Sarah's proud Mama said...

A lot of the insight you can give them will simply most likely be assuring them how amazing adoption is, period. I'm sure just seeing you and Ruby together will give them some peace about adoption in general. The wait is ridiculous compared to how short our wait was in '05, but there are many other international dependable options available now, too. Have fun!
Robin