Sunday, January 06, 2008

Post Holiday Wrap-Up...

...man did I have a BLAST this holiday season!

First, I want to thank everyone who sent Ruby & I a gorgeous Christmas Card!
I LOVED THEM ALL & WILL PROUDLY DISPLAY THEM ON MY FRONT DOOR FOR MONTHS TO COME!


(no lie, every year I have such a hard time parting with them,
that they tend to stay up until I 'HAVE' to take them down!)
aka: October!

Second, I wanted to share with you all some of Ruby's Christmas creations!
She proudly displays them all over our house and quite frankly,
it just wouldn't be 'HOME' without them!


Third: I'm happy to report that not only is Ruby suddenly 'ok' with using the potty,
but she's done it successfully now, TWICE!
(no, I don't have a picture of that, figured I'd spare ya!)
And because of this new development,
I have taken it upon myself to
R-E-M-O-V-E
that g##$%^$%^damn,
CHANGING TABLE
from her room!

Behold, the new space:
Ruby informed me that it's now called:
Bears Corner.
She uses the chair to sit & read Bear stories,
puts him down for naps in the little bed,
(was mine when I was a little girl, my father made it along with the matching bureau)
and that bureau is filled with Bears sweaters,
all 1,255,546,267 of them!
*laughing*

Oh, and it's funny, but even though I didn't ask for anything for Christmas,
things that I had secretly wished for had a way of finding me.
Like, when my parents completely took me by surprise
& gave me the Rachael Ray cookware set!

(pictured is only a 10 piece set, mine's 13!)

I ABOUT LOST MY TREES WHEN I SAW THAT HUGE BOX
FULL OF GLORIOUS ORANGE COOKWARE!

Soups, beware!
Amyla's now properly ARMED & READY TO COOK!

And how I was just about out of my most favorite perfume on the planet,
and got just enough Christmas money that I could splurge on a GINORMOUS BOTTLE!
(GOD BLESS BJ'S! 3.4OZ BOTTLE FOR ONLY 54 BUCKS!)
I am so so SO in love this stuff!
It makes me happy to smell like this every day
&
I honestly get more compliments on how I smell not only from men,
but from WOMEN as well!!
*evilgrin*
hehehe

AND if those two wonderful things weren't enough,
that Christmas money also managed to pay for my new enV cell phone.
It truly wasn't anything I had planned on getting because as I've said before,
I am SUCH a creature of habit & my old Nokia was fine with me.
That is, until it broke.
It's just nice that phone dying happened to coincide with the holidays...

And now, last but CERTAINLY not least... a blast from the past:

Just because I CAN'T believe how much she's grown!
(and because it happens to be one of my favorite pics of her)
Is that sweet little baby really the same big girl sound asleep next to me in my bed?

Talk about the ultimate gift.
Who needs Christmas when every morning is like opening up a present
your heart always knew you wanted.

I hope everyone is enjoying their families & friends this time of year as in every day
&
to those still waiting,
my heart waits with you
&
I pray for safe
&
speedy arrivals of your referrals!
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

Hang in there, when it finally happens it's truly going to be the moment that takes your breath away & you'll never forget it for as long as you live.
*BIG CYBER HUGS TO EVERYONE*

-Amy

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm glad to hear that you had a great Christmas!!

RamblingMother said...

I can't bear to take down my Christmas cards either.

Beverly