Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy PAJAMA New Year!!!!!

It's hard to believe that last night was
MY 5Th annual Pajama New Year party,
& RUBY'S 3rd!


Every year we both look forward to getting fun new pj's to wear just for the occasion!


Ruby's, of course, were GREEN,
& mine were obviously RED!

There was so much going on
that I only managed to take these few pictures of us being silly
before bedtime.
Well, before Ruby's bedtime-
(I didn't get to bed till 3:30am...)
But we ALL had fun & after the second scare for me in 07'
I've come to the conclusion that I'm allergic to shellfish.
Long story, short version:
Lobster roll finger sandwich late August: severe reaction, scared me to death.
Last night's 'house lo-mein', one TEENIE bite of an even teenier shrimp: Ditto!

No more shellfish for Amyla.
BOOO HOOO
I SO LOVED LOBSTER, THIS ALLERGY IS UNFAIR!

Ok, I've purged my shellfish angst.
Feeling better already.
(kinda)

Back to PNY (pajama new year):
Jen, Elvis & the muffin man (aka: Mikhail) came over as well as Aunt Catherine and to round the evening off, we were graced with a surprise visit from one very funny, very drunk Kristen.
Gotta love the drunk pop in.
LOL

I did something last night that I don't think I've ever done ONCE in my 35 years on this planet.

I PLAYED MONOPOLY FROM START TO FINISH WITHOUT GIVING UP!

Sadly, I can't say that I was the winner, Aunt Catherine ran away with the property and the money, but Jen & I fought till the end as best we could!
(in vain, I might add, Cath's a SHARK!)

Elvis, God bless the boy, was out COLD way before midnight. LOL
With his sleeping son on his chest & miss Ruby was curled up in my bed & fast asleep as well.

We played & chatted & laughed & reminisced till the wee hours until my eyes were BEGGING me to shut them.
Four hours later, I'm up. LOL

Today, should be at the very least, interesting.
If I don't collapse mid way through it, that is.
*OyVeY*


HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!
To all my friends with their precious children home,
May 2008 bring another 365 days full of smiles, laughter and fun!

And to all my friends still patiently & not patiently waiting to bring their babies home,
may 2008 bring an end to your waiting and a beginning to your 'forever family'.

*hugs* from our home to yours!

-Amy & Ruby Cate
(& Bear...)

6 comments:

Cindy and Co. said...

LOL...Monopoly must be this years hot thing. I stayed up with Smooch till the wee hours playing that and Gin Rummy. But I won. Both games..lol. Happy New Year to you and Ruby and Bear. May we all be blessed again this year.

RamblingMother said...

Sounds like lots of fun. we were asleep by 10:30.

Beverly

bbmomof2boys said...

Happy New Year!!

~Carla

OziMum said...

I'm with you, I'm a whimp when it comes to Monopoly and usually pull out early coz I'm not winning!!! My husband wins everything :(!!!

PJ Party looks like lots of fun - love Ruby's gween PJS! Mikayla loves green too!

Special K said...

I had a pj party on NYE too. With several women in my single adoptive mom's group. Even had on giant penguin head slippers. Best way to ring in the new year.

Happy New Year to you & Ruby!

my3 kids said...

Happy New Year to 2 special ladies. We hope all your hopes and dreams come true!

Hugs from Canada xo