Sunday, June 29, 2008

8 Months...

...several pants sizes, 70 lbs & lots of hard work & sweat & water aerobics later,
I AM FINALLY HAVING MY SURGERY FIRST THING TOMORROW MORNING!

WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I worked my ASS off to earn this & I am SO EXCITED to finally take the next step to becoming a healthier me.
(I'd say 'happier' too, but honestly, I've always been happy & it never matted to me what size I was...)

I leave my house at 5am sharp & head for the hospital with my father. (he's dropping me off...) I have a 5:45am check in time & then it's off for all the pre surgical hullabaloo bullshit that has to be done & then it's "ok Amy, count backwards from ten..." & by 8 I'm guessing, I'll be sleepin like a baby! Then, the magic begins!

Yes, I know it's permanent.
Yes, I know it's major surgery.
Yes, I know it's completely rearranging my internal plumbing.
YES, I STILL WANT THE SURGERY!

What everyone needs to know is that I am very AWARE that this surgery is NOT A QUICK FIX! On the contrary, it's just another tool to help me with the rest of my weight loss & new lifestyle to get to where I can no longer worry about health issues & concentrate more on my beautiful daughter, who, by the way, will be spending the next two days being spoiled BEYOND ROTTEN by her Nannie & Nonno. (my parents)

Ruby is so cute, today she learned a new song, one that was on my friends 'myspace' page, and without realizing what the words were, I let her hear it & thought, "isn't that cute, she likes Nick's song...". Then, she asked if I'd video her dancing & playing the drums *my legs* to it. Sure baby, let's go...

Allow me to share with you all this snippet of video & that lovely song. Don't google the lyrics... You'll find that, despite what I thought I heard, it's actually not 'dance trucker dance...' *LAUGHING* Nice huh?






Yes, I know I should perhaps discourage her from listening to that song again, but honestly when she started singing about the truckers, I thought it was just adorable & didn't have a friggen CLUE! (What can I say, not really into that type of music, DAVE MATTHEWS ALL THE WAY BABY!)

See ya'll on the flip side!

5 comments:

Michele said...

Amy,
Good luck!! My good friend had the surgery 18 months ago and she is so much healthier. She has many of the same health issues as you and is now rarely in pain, on very few meds to manage her illness and is much better able to care for her active little girl!! My prayers for you tomorrow and the weeks to come!! You go girl!!

Michele (frequent lurker), single mom to Emily and Alyssa, both born in China.

Anne said...

Good luck tomorrow Amy! You'll be in our thoughts....
Anne & Rachel

Lisa and Tate said...

Best wishes Amy.. hope this surgery does the trick and you will become a healthier Amy....

Diana said...

Thinking of you today.

Phyllis said...

Thinking of you, and hope that you are recovering nicely!!