Monday, June 02, 2008

Grabbin' My WHAT?!...

...can barely move, am SORE ALL OVER, took a water aerobics class tonight at the Y, and although I had taken it many times years ago, YEARS AGO is what's important in this sentence! My body did NOT recall EVER having taken such a class OR MOVING THAT MUCH in water, EVER! (We have a pool, don't get me wrong, I'm a FISH, I LOVE being in the water, POOLS, NOT THE OCEAN, shit bites you in the ocean & sand finds places to hide that I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW I HAD!) moving on... So I'm at this class & it's filled with older women, most of them my mom's age or older, and yes, we're all fatties, big deal, I expected that. What I did NOT expect, however, was to see MOST ALL OF THEM not taking the class seriously. Just splashing about, bouncing here & there & mostly socializing.
Me? NO WAY! I just saw my surgeon again today & he said I have three weeks to lose the last 10 lbs & then four weeks from right now, I'll be in the hospital for my procedure.
I was not about to waste an entire hour in the pool by fooling around & acting like half my high school class! It's disrespectful to the teacher & quite frankly, I didn't need go for the chit chat, I went for the LOSE FAT!

So, I pushed myself SO HARD and now muscles that I didn't know were hibernating, are HURTING LIKE MAD! But, it feels GOOOOOOOOD!

At one point during the class, she has us jump up & asks us to reach between our legs & grab our inner thighs. I, without thinking who my audience was, piped up with: "Hell, if I don't, nobody else is gonna..."

*silence*

NOBODY APPRECIATES SEX JOKES IN A POOL FULL OF WOMEN WHO CLEARLY AREN'T GETTIN ANY! lol

I'm happy I went and I plan on going every night until my body gives up or I've lost the ten pounds. Surgery is FORTHCOMING!

Now, here's a Ruby tidbit to share...

Recently, while enjoying a day with my cousin Steve & Ruby over at Salem Willows, we all enjoyed an ice cream. Steve got, black raspberry, I got something sinful with chocolate (all the more reason to keep hauling my fat ass to the pool to grab various body parts, just remembering to try to curb the jokes... YA RIGHT!)and Miss Ruby, got Mint chocolate chip.

Half way into the cones, I casually ask my cousin, "How's your ice cream?" to which he replied: "Good!"

Then, Ruby followed suit & asked: "Uncle Steve, how's your ice cream?" to which he AGAIN replied, "Good!" and followed with his OWN question: "And Ruby, how's yours?"

To which she just looked at him slightly puzzled as if he were a moron & simply answered: "IT'S MINT!"

hehehehehehe

She's so cute, she loves her ice cream but I'm gonna bet the farm, that she loves her uncle more. =)

I do have TONS of photos from our day at the Willows, we even took a harbor boat cruise, but I haven't had a minute to upload any of them but I PROMISE by the weekend, I'll get them up for your viewing pleasure.

HOPE YOU'RE ALL HAVING A GREAT START TO YOUR WEEK!


More soon, right now my ass needs a nap...

3 comments:

kitchu said...

I probably would have accidentally choked on pool water if I'd heard that comment- keep your sense of humor, these old ladies need to loosen up :)

Diana said...

We did water class also and you would not have liked us...we worked BUT we also were the "talkers"
46/56 pds..WOOOHOOO!!!
You are doing GREAT!!!
100% pd by your insurance is a huge wow too.

Cindy and Co. said...

Snork...I would love to be in your class. I am not by nature a suffer in silence kinda girl and nothing says it sucks to be here like sick humor. Maybe you can teach them a thing or two.