Thursday, May 29, 2008

"Blacker..."

Yep, that's right, a new word folks... a "BLACKER" or, a Blog Slacker, if you will, is my NEW WORD THIS WEEK! I have been so busy with work (both Y and Bookmyblog.com) that I haven't had a minute to myself. Between those two jobs & Ruby & everything else that life throws at you, who has time to even poop properly? (and by properly I mean with no interruptions and a good book!)

Anyhoo, TMI, I know... but just thought I'd toss out a few tidbits of news:

-by MY home scale, I'm down 56 lbs...
-by the HOSPITAL scale, I'm down 46 lbs... don't ask.

(It's kinda like how my mirrors in the house LOVE ME, but pictures tend to tell a whole different story. I get up & get ready for the day, glance at my reflection in the mirror & think, "damn girl, you're lookin' FIIIIIIIINE!" while every photograph ever taken of me by SOMEONE OTHER THAN ME, screams a completely different sentiment: "psst, your mirrors LIE! fatty..." So I guess the things in my world are all pretty happy & fun & complimentary whereas everything else in the REAL WORLD ie: hospital scales & photos taken by others who aren't familiar with the look from above, sideways head tilt that always successfully creates the illusion of 'thin face' begs to differ.)

-My surgery date for gastric bypass is still scheduled for June 30th, and I recently received word from my insurance that it's going to be covered 100%, yeah me! (or more really YEAH for those pre-existing health conditions like sleep apnea & morbid obesity, and MS and type II diabetes... good times)

-I have a sleep study scheduled for this coming Tuesday night, only thing I'm looking forward to about this is their TEMPURPEDIC BEDS! *drool* I may refuse to leave come to think of it... could quite possibly be the first time any one's ever called in the jaws of life to remove a sleeper who refuses to budge!

-Ruby's bangs are nearly nonexistent now, she's thrilled & obviously still insisting on growing them out, se la vie'.

-My girl has mastered the game of CUT THROAT CANDYLAND, and will happily BEAT any fool who takes her up on her offer of a "friendly game." ...it's neither friendly NOR a game to this girl, man, when Italian's do anything, they mean BUSINESS! (she can be more frightening than some of the serious Italian's I know who may or may not be involved in shady activity of some sort...)

-Bookmyblog.com is now on it's 5Th customer and rising. Every blog I book makes me completely happy to know that we can A. provide such a service & B. that we even figured out how to do it in the first place! Happy forever families everywhere, just feel good work is all I'm sayin'.

-Tuesday's with Uncle Steve, this week only, changed to Thursday's with Uncle Steve, and as I type this I hear his car door shutting & so I must fly to the kitchen to get his chicken veggie wrap ready... ah the joys of spoiling one's cousin!

HOPE EVERYONE HAD A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY WEEKEND & I PROMISE TO POST MORE & EVEN SOME PICTURES ONCE I FINISH UP WITH MY CURRENT BMB.COM CUSTOMER! I'm focused so must finish that first!

*hugs*

-Amy (& one sound asleep miss Ruby roo who ASKED to go to bed tonight at 6:45pm.)

1 comment:

Cindy and Co. said...

If your going to play "games" with an Italian kid your best bet is to lay out some protection gumdrops before you get fitted for Pez on your way to the Chocolate Swamp.
I know I had Italian neighboors and their kids didn't play. They practiced. I still don't think my Peaches and Cream Barbie ran away from home but all we ever found was a shoe.