Monday, December 24, 2007

Damn that FULL MOON! *updated/photos*

I'll never understand why we have the dreams that we do.
It's early morning Christmas eve, I have to work, thus why I'm up, and I had a dream last night, so vivid, so REAL, that I woke up shaking.
No, it wasn't a scary dream, it was something of an impossibility perhaps, but one my heart always has on the back burner of possibility.

You all know I've been to Italy many times... yes?
Well, two of my biggest loves in life currently reside there still.
(and NO they're not Pizza & Gnocchis...)

One's name is Valerio, the other Pietro.

Valerio was my first true, OMG isn't it great to be alive,
kind of love.
The kind that, many years later, as an adult woman of 35,
I still smile & blush a bit when I think of him.

Over the years I have kept contact with Pietro,
but sadly I can't say the same for Valerio.
Reason being?
Pietro's wife, a complete DOLL and friendly as hell.
Valerio's wife?
*not so much*

I digress...

So, back when I was a wee girl of 13-14 years, Valerio & I were inseparable.
I have photos of he & I together that,
every now & again, I'll peek at to remember those times & bring back such wonderful memories.

Well, last night, I had a dream I was dancing at this bar with some friends I didn't know.
(first of all, I don't dance, SECOND of all, I haven't been to a bar in EONS, thus, a dream!)

The bartender gets a phone call & calls me over to say that
"that gentleman over the other side of the bar wants you to know that you're still beautiful
and asked if you were engaged?"

I'm all, huh??

I look down the other and of the bar to see this man,
standing beside a woman,
and smiling at me.

I did not recognize him but told the bartender that,
no, I wasn't engaged but to please thank him for the compliment,
trying to ignore that he had said 'still beautiful', which meant that somehow, he knew me.

I kept dancing & now had my arms around this random (but handsome) guy and asked if he'd play along so that mister 'stranger with the compliments' would leave me be.
He did, and we ended up kissing.
Heh, gotta love a dream...

Upon seeing this kiss, stranger marched down the bar to where we stood and pulled us apart & showed me his wallet, or more to the point, it's contents.
Girl trailed along side him still smiling, at this point I think to myself that she might be 'slow'...

I take his wallet against my better judgement & look inside...

and there they are;
every single picture of Valerio & I ever taken from that summer together.

And I look up, and his eyes are the same, only, he's not the 15 year old Valerio, he's a man.
I start to immediately shake and can't form one word from my mouth,
in either Italian or English.
He reaches over, grabs my hands & says
"You're still so beautiful Amy, we have both waited a long time for this..."
and he slips onto my finger, the ring we got years ago to symbolize that we were dating.
"This time," he says, "this is forever... marry me?"

I was crying like a baby and could barely stand...
this HAS to be a dream!

All at once, the woman finally spoke.
It was Elena, his sister;
"Amy, he's been searching for you for a long time, he never stopped loving you."

OMG OMG OMG OMG
My heart was racing,
I was crying,
VALERIO WAS HOLDING MY HANDS for Christ's sake,
and I thought that at any minute I could easily faint dead on the spot.



I looked up at him,


my old love,



my first love,


smiled,

and woke up.


WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?

I know it was a full moon last night but COME ON!

Now, I must disappear to work as I leave my sleeping Ruby snoring in my bed
only to have my parents take my place until she wakes up.

I either need to be far more cognizant of the moon phases,
or perhaps I should find me a new guy to date.

Either way, it'll have to wait as I'm off to work.

1 comment:

Elyssium Earth said...

Darlin, Little Miss Metaphysical Me would say that he's "calling" you!!! Still got a phone no??? Make it real on the earth plane, uh?