Friday, December 07, 2007

Just Smitten With DEXTER...

...if you don't know what I'm talking about,
clearly you don't have Showtime.

If you don't have Showtime,
first I'll have to ask,
WHY NOT?!
And second, I MUST suggest:
THIS!
Honestly, this show had me hook, line & serial killer!

Now,
for those of you who read,
you all know that a book,
any book,
is always FAR BETTER than it's TV counterpart.
Period.
BUT, in this case?
It's
JUST
NOT
SO!
Showtime's Dexter series is,
excuse the pun,
KILLER!
Even though I truly have lost myself in watching every Sunday night,
I also wanted to read the books at some point,
and am currently reading:


It's book #2 in a trilogy.
Of course, you KNOW I didn't start reading that one,
without first reading THIS ONE cover to cover!
(Thanks to my best friend Jen who surprised me with book #1.
She knows me so well & loves me even more.)

And now?
Damn her,
I'M HOOKED ON THE BOOKS AS WELL AS THE FRIGGEN SHOW!

Once I'm done reading that one,
I'll need to pick up THIS ONE!
(the final installment in the series.)

Every night once Ruby's in bed,
Momma's got a date with Dear Ole' Dexter!
*grin*
There's just nothing like losing yourself in a book.
I tend to lose myself so completely,
that the real world disappears
& the story becomes my new reality.
So trippy!

What about you all?
Anyone currently as in love with a book as I am with Dexter?
DO TELL!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I just finished Double Cross by James Patterson. It's his latest in the Alex Cross series which I just LOVE. Now, I'm reading Pandora's Daughter by Iris Johansen who is another one of my favorite authors.