Thursday, February 07, 2008

CNY 2008...


...The RAT!

It's wild, cuz I was born the year of the rat way back in 1972.
Not sure what it means that it's the year of the rat again,
other than the fact that I'm clearly OLDER...

If my child were feeling good today,
we'd have done something fun to honor this holiday.
But since she's sick with a fever & a raging cold complete with faucet nose,
we opted for some quality cuddle time and puzzles bought while in China.


(Believe it or not that puzzle didn't have individual provinces outlined,
I insisted on doing it after having taken it apart only ONCE
to then notice just how HARD it was to put back together without losing my MIND!)

(every time she does this puzzle, she's quick to point out:
"Look Momma! Jiang Xi! Jiang Xi! That where Ruby born!")

Also on today's list of festivities: pasta fajiole, Benadryl, Bear, magic paint, and Kai Lan!
So, not the CNY that one would associate with this holiday,
but it was ours, and quality time with my girl is a good thing no matter what!

Happy Chinese New Year my love,
Momma is so happy we're a family!


5 comments:

RamblingMother said...

back at you. We are going to the China Buffet with the 'rents. Glenys will be excited since it was a last minute decision.

beverly

my3 kids said...

Hey me too....you and me both a couple of "rats" LOL. Hope you and Ruby girl had a great one!!!! Hugs.

Diana said...

I hope Ruby is feeling better soon...there is nothing worse then a sick kid:(
Your soups sounds great! I will have to try it.
Hope all is going well.

Diana

Global Girl said...

Neat puzzle! Happy New Year :)

Pug Mama said...

Happy CNY!
(I'm a rat too)