Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I'm Almost Afraid To Blog About This, But...

...today is the 2ND DAY IN A ROW THAT MISS RUBY NOT ONLY WOKE UP DRY,
BUT KNEW SHE HAD TO GO USE THE POTTY FIRST BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE.
AND SHE WENT!
Yesterday, SHE WAS DRY ALL DAY!
NOT ONE ACCIDENT!
Used the potty EVERY TIME
&
even suggested we go out
&
buy some more NEW BIG GIRL UNDERPANTS!

If this morning is any indication of things,
it should be a repeat of yesterday...

...which means that I can finally EXHALE!
( & perhaps read my new book)

Oh, and one more thing that I have GOT to share with you all...
upon our arrival home yesterday with her new underpants,
(old ones were size 2-3T, new ones were 4T)
Kristen came over to celebrate with us.

I figured I'd show her why we got bigger ones.
It was time she learned what a 'wedgie' was,
as she's been walking around with one CONSTANTLY due to the smaller size undies.
I'd say to her, "Ruby, fix your wedgie, pull it out of your tooshie woman.."
She'd look at me & be like 'I have no clue what you're talking about Momma, I'm busy playing!'.
Seriously she'd just play with that thing wedged up so high she could've used it as dental floss,
yet constantly tell me, "Momma, you itchy, you bum itchy, Momma fix it!"

So, I called her over & said:
"Ruby,"
(pulled her underwear clear straight up into her crack on both sides)
THAT is a wedgie.
When you feel your underwear like that,
you have to pull it out from your bum, ok baby?"
She LAUGHED SO HARD SHE COULD NOT STOP LAUGHING
&
SHE REFUSED TO PULL IT OUT OF HER BEHIND & INSTEAD,
GOT ON HER LITTLE TRAMPOLINE AND JUMPED WILDLY SCREAMING & LAUGHING:

"WEDGIE! WEDGIE! WEDGIE IS FUNNY MOMMA!"
And this went on for like, oh... I don't know,
A HALF HOUR MAYBE?
Honestly was the FUNNIEST thing
&
Kristen, through her laughter, said:
"I'm so glad I was here for her first wedgie, that was freakin' hysterical!"

Do I dare say it?
Can I dream it's true?

RUBY IS 99.9% POTTY TRAINED!
WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

And I still say I owe Michelle this victory because if not for her suggestion of making RUBY RESPONSIBLE FOR CLEANING UP HER OWN MESS, who knows where we'd be today.
And what is this anyway? Day 3? Day 4? I don't remember exactly when we truly 'started' to go cold turkey. I'll have to go back in the archives & see when I first said that but I KNOW IT HASN'T BEEN A WEEK YET, I AM SURE OF IT!

Now, if you'll all excuse me, I have a date with some reading & several chocolate eggs that Ruby has so graciously decided to share with her Momma.

*HUGE GROUP HUG FOR EVERYONE*
(& one big proud teary smile from this happy single Momma.)


3 comments:

MB said...

Congratulations Ruby on that big milestone.

Taylor will have an accident every now and then if she can't pull her pants down fast enough and she still wears pull ups to bed at night, but isn't it great to not have to change a stinky diaper anymore.


Michelle

RamblingMother said...

Yeah!! Way to go, Ruby!!

Beverly

Michelle said...

Glad to hear things are going so well! It sounded terribly stressful before.