Friday, April 04, 2008

Golden Dishes...

...still sick again today, worse in fact but despite feeling like death's doorstep, I still have a child to care for & feed. Snack time came & miss Ruby Roo asked for 'cheezzits' and an apple. Normally, we buy Macintosh apples, my favorite. But this last time at the market, the Golden Delicious were on sale, so we bought a half dozen of those. As I slicing up the apples, Ruby notices that they're not red & asks:
"Momma, why not deese macintosh?" To which I replied: "They're not Macintosh Ruby, you're right. They are called Golden Delicious & they're a yellowy green color baby..."

She thinks about that for a few, grabs a slice, takes a big bite, smiles & says:
"Momma, I WUV GOWDEN DISHES!"

I nearly choked on my water, funniest thing so far today!
It's nice to know that even when I feel like the only contribution I've made today was to keep my couch warm, that I can still enjoy a good solid chuckle due to the brilliance of my kid's humor. Good GOOD times!

Oh, and speaking of laughing, Julie, when Tess EVER turned the water BACK ON once you shut it off & looked at you and LAUGHED as if to say, "Sorry Mom, totally fruitless, I'm just gonna do this again & again... I'm in charge remember?" I LAUGHED OUT LOUD SO MUCH SO that Ruby came running & insisted on watching the video at least four times, she digs it too, only NOW SHE WANTS TO GO PLAY IN THE BATHROOM SINK AS WELL! THANKS JULES! GRRRRRRRRRR lol ;)

No comments: