Sunday, April 13, 2008

Guess What WE Have...

...CONJUNCTIVITIS!
Yep, that's right, Rube's caught it, most likely from the kid's room at the Y,
and even though I was a NUT JOB washing my hands & hers, brought her to the doctor ASAFP for some medicine, applied it RELIGIOUSLY the 4x's a day, washed the sheets on the bed, TOSSED BEAR IN THE WASHING MACHINE FOR GOOD MEASURE, did EVERYTHING I assumed would keep me UN-CONJUNCTIFIED... I STILL GOT IT!

Damnit.


Not that it hurts or anything, but c'mon, let's get real, it's just a big pain in my arse and SO NOT ATTRACTIVE! The only UP side to us both now having it?
The HELL with the laundry... I am NOT washing sheets again & again just to have us re-funk them, ya know? ONCE THIS IS GONE FOR GOOD, and who knows when the hell that will be as I don't remember a thing at ALL about this crap, THEN & ONLY THEN will I clean this house from top to bottom washing anything that isn't pinned down & cleaning up or Junk'ed Zone.

I even missed my function last night with the Y which I was REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO!
It was an evening out, ON THEM, complete with Italian food AND a HYPNOTIST!
Who doesn't like to see a hypnotist? NOT ME THAT'S FOR SURE! LOVE EM!
(even if they never have been able to hypnotize me, not a chance, too strong willed for that...) They had raffles as well for everyone scheduled to be there, I WAS ONE of those scheduled few (apparently most of the Y staff feel that once they leave work, that that's it, no gatherings outside of work etc... don't ask, I think it's ridiculous! Anyway... so they gave away iPods & DVD players & other things.
I just know that to have gone while contagious, would NOT have been kewl.
For 1, I look awful but more importantly, I refuse to be the person who has complete disregard for other's health & just SHOW UP cuz I WANNA BE THERE! Won't do it.

It's always the parents like that, the ones with the SICK KIDS who KNOW their kids are SICK & come playing the "OMG HE IS? I DIDN'T KNOW" card just so they can drop the kid off & get two hours of workout time in. No concern at all for all the OTHER kids in our care, the ones who AREN'T sick, who have now been exposed to YOUR KID who you KNEW was sick but came anyways... selfish.

Not a fan of those parents & refuse to be like that myself... so miss the event I did & I'm sure I'll hear all about how much fun it was from one co-worker who I adore, who will give me all the dirt on the night.

So that's that, aside from looking horrendous and feeling like my eyes could burst out of my head at any second, it's Sunday morning, I've work to do on an order for BOOKMYBLOG.COM (very VERY kewl!) and then my brother is going to come over later to attempt to fix my dvd player, which if he can't, will just be one more thing that needs replacing around here. HAHAHA It's true what they say, when it rains it POURS.
But it's times like these that all I have to do is ask Ruby what happens when it rains & she'll reply: "Momma, wain neva hurt the fwowers..."* too true baby, too true.


Off to conjure up something for breakfast...



*(a saying my Nana (mother's Mom), Ruby's Great Nana used to say every time it rained & someone within ear shot was complaining about it. I think it's brilliant & LOVE that Ruby still uses it all these years later.)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Aww, I hope she gets over that soon.

RamblingMother said...

Are you guys better yet? I hope so!!

Puddin' said...

I love that saying about the rain! You're very responsible to have stayed home and choosen not to infect the people at the Y. I applaud you for that! Pink eye is the worst and I do hope you guys are getting over it. :)