Saturday, April 26, 2008

Sometimes When You Least Expect It...

...the lessons you teach your child, have a way of coming full circle.




Me: "Ruby, what did you do?"
Ruby: "Momma, it's wipstik! Ruby is so pwitty!"
Me: *smiling* "Yes Ruby, that you are... but where did you GET such pretty lipstick?"
Ruby: "Momma, is wite heah, in you pawkey book, see?" (holding up my purse as proof)
Me: *laughing now* "Yes baby, I see... did you ASK Momma if you could share her lipstick?"




Ruby: *looking slightly put out* "Mooooooommmmmaaaaaaaa, we a good team! We AWAYS SHARE, REMENER?"

Feeling quite foolish as, twas I who taught her that, I simply replied:
"You're right Baby, we ARE a team. And you are also right because teams should ALWAYS share. Thank you for reminding me Ruby."
Ruby: "S'ok Momma, sometimes you forget..."

How silly did I FEEL!

;)

No comments: