Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tuesday's With Uncle Steve...

...so, I know I haven't posted a recipe in like FOREVER, but there's a reason for that.
Since the beginning of this process of preparing myself for surgery, I've had to totally revamp the way I eat & how I eat & WHAT I eat & when I eat, etc...

It's fine, I'm doing very good & am excited about my bypass surgery.
Not nervous, not worried, not scared, JUST COMPLETELY & UTTERLY EXCITED!

That having been said, my cousin Steve has been a VERY GOOD SPORT about all the healthy eating & he, himself is losing weight NOT TO MENTION THE BOY QUIT SMOKING!
THREE CHEERS FOR UNCLE STEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!! THREE MONTHS & THE REST OF FOREVER, HE'S ROCKIN'!

So, tonight, since I didn't have much planned for dinner, I threw together, a "last minute soup".

No, literally, I threw this shit together at the last minute... thus:
LAST MINUTE SOUP!



LOL

I opened the fridge, looked around at my options (slim pickin's) and chose the following:

1 lg onion (rough chop)
2 lg cloves garlic (rough chop)
1/2 green pepper -stolen from my mother- (rough chop)
1/2 pkg sliced mushrooms -stolen from my mother-
leftover roast chicken (rough chopped bite size)
hand full shredded carrots -stolen from my mother-
2 celery stalks chopped
1 T chicken seasoning
1 can diced tomato's
1 can tomato soup
1 can cream of celery soup
8 sliced (pre wrapped) orange American cheese
2 cups uncooked large pasta shells
8 cups chicken stock.
Salt & pepper to taste


Ok kid's this is how it all went down: (& before any of you make a face at the ingredients, TRUST ME, I've just returned from the kitchen after sampling my soup,
and OH MY YUMMY IT'S GOOD!

EVOO in bottom of large soup pot over medium high heat.
Toss in onion, garlic & chicken & cook 10 minutes. (stir occasionally)
Now add carrots, mushrooms, celery & peppers. Mix & cook another 10 minutes.

Add both cans of soup & the can of tomato's.
Mix & cook 5 minutes.

Add 8 slices of American cheese & 8 cups stock. Mix well
Reduce heat, cover & simmer 1 hour.

Now add uncooked shells. Mix well & cook 20 minutes or until pasta is al'dente

Salt & pepper to taste.

Serve with fresh grated parm cheese & ENJOY!


LAST MINUTE SOUP... who knew?!

No comments: