Sunday, April 27, 2008

Ruby & Bear's Baptism...

...yup, you heard that right, Ruby AND Bear, BOTH got Baptized today.




Father Charles was more than understanding when he heard that miss Ruby was quite adamant on having her best friend, Bear, Baptized as well. It was the cutest thing you've ever seen & everyone in the church had smiles from ear to ear.
I think not only because Ruby was the only big girl in a sea of crying babies,
but also because she was VERY serious on making sure her friend received the sacrament too. After he was officially Baptized, (on his nose, not his forhead, quite fitting I thought...) Ruby was quick to wrap Bear in her Baptismal blanket she had received only moments earlier. It just warmed my heart all over as she hugged him & said, "There Bear, see? It's not a problem, you baptized just wike Ruby now, wets go home an have cake Bear, ok?" *hugging her friend*



But only Ruby received a candle, apparently there was some concern of a certain Bear going up into flames, so we ixnayed the andlecay. Ruby was just fine with that, I heard her whisper to him, "Issok Bear, I will share wif you, ok? Cuz I wuv you Bear."

Ah, Baptism & Bear love... what's better than that?

Oh wait, that's right, I almost forgot: CAKE!



















And last but CERTAINLY NOT LEAST, my handsome little nephew, baby J.D.
Barely a month old & he's already stolen my heart!

1 comment:

Anne said...

Oh... Ruby looks so pretty sitting there with her cake. And with the candle. And really... in all of these pictures! Congrats to Bear for probably being the first bear ever to be baptized in your church! :)