Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My Guilty Pleasure...

...recently, a fellow blogger friend left an open forum for us readers to ask questions of her. Mine was simple I suppose. I asked:

"Besides photography, what is your most favorite guilty pleasure that, when you're indulging in it, you completely lose yourself to that moment?"

I am looking forward to her answer in tomorrow's post, but in the meantime it got me thinking about MY own guilty pleasure. Anyone who knows me KNOWS it's reading. LOVE getting lost in a book. My current reads are: Chinese Cinderella: The True Story of an Unwanted Daughter by: Adeline Yen Mah



& The Day I Ate Whatever I Wanted: And Other Small Acts of Liberation by: Elizabeth Berg.



I chose to start the Berg book first. It's a collection of short stories, which generally I'm not a fan of. I much prefer a novel, however... something about this one just called to me & when books talk, I listen.


I am excitedly curious to read Chinese Cinderella. It looks like an unforgettable story that will touch me in a way that will leave a mark on my soul. I just have a feeling about that one... I'll keep everyone posted and of course, if any of you have actually read it, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it. Just please don't spoil any endings if at all possible, thanks.


You know, Ruby, too, has adopted the same love of books that I have and it makes me proud. To know that, when asked what she'd like to do with the $20.00 our neighbors gave her for her Baptism, that her answer would be "Wets go a bookstore Momma!" it just brings a genuine smile to my face and pride in my heart.

Ruby's recent additions to her book shelf are: Bear Snores On, by: Karma Wilson.



See and Spy Shapes, by: Julie Aigner-Clark



And last but not least...

Touch and Feel Baby Animals, by: Julie Aigner-clark



She was SO EXCITED, that she has literally spent all night, except for dinner time, READING her BOOKS! *smiles* That's my girl...

No comments: