Tuesday, April 01, 2008

3 Word Tuesday...

I'll preface this post by saying that I know the 'three word' gig is typically done on Sundays, however, I have good reason for sharing my first '3 word' on a Tuesday...

...allow me to explain:

I'm very blessed. Blessed in most everything I do. Blessed in the family I'm a part of, especially my Ruby who is beyond measure the greatest gift ever bestowed upon me. I'm blessed in the company I keep. People who I consider to be some of the most amazing friends a girl could ever hope for.
Blessings all around, yes?
Yes.

Today is no different...
...Today, for me, that blessing came two fold;


1st, in the form of my baby brother, who isn't such a baby anymore as today at 3:05pm, he turned 33 years old, &
2nd, in the sweet angelic form of my brand spankin' new NEPHEW, Joseph Domenic, my little brother's greatest birthday present in all his 33 years, his second child, his first son.

I can't explain to you all what it felt to hold that little guy earlier today, much was going through my head as the sweet smell of newborn filled the air around me & simultaneously put a smile so big on my face, it was hurting my cheeks. I love him so much & he doesn't even know me yet. I love my little brother so much & he's probably sick of me by now. LOL ;) (can't blame him after all those mud pie sessions, not to mention those old metal 'CLIP ON' roller skates that I 'encouraged' (forced) him to wear while being hauled down the street from the back of my banana seat bike courtesy of an old rope found in Dad's garage & me safely making the corners without so much as a scratch, while he... well... let's just say 'not so much' for him.)

It's mind boggling to me that my little brother is a father to two now. Isabella, my niece, will be 3 in October and is not only one of my favorite people in the world, she's Ruby's too. And now, little J.D. graces us all with his sweet little soul. Named for two very important men in my life, my late Nonno (grandfather in Italian) Domenico, and my father Giuseppe (Joseph). My dad was without words today as he held his namesake for the first time... moments like these make me realize just how blessed I am. That little boy, the one who carries so much history in his name alone, has his whole life ahead of him and I am blessed with the privilidge of watching him grow and blossom into whatever it is he is destined to do in this world.. and I could not be happier. Still, so many kisses yet to bestow on this kid, but for now, I'll leave you with his amazing little image taken with my not so amazing cell/camera phone.




In three words?

"Loving My Nephew..."

Who needs chocolate when I can lose myself in J.D. snuggles...

...ain't nothing better.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Congrats, Auntie Amy! He's adorable.

Becky said...

Congrats on the new nephew Amy! He's a cutie!!