Friday, September 28, 2007

What To Do, What To Do...? *UPDATED*

...a few weeks ago I signed Ruby up for a class at our local YMCA.
It's called 'Teeny Tiny Tumblers', and she LOVES IT!
The class is every Friday morning at 9:30am.
We've gone three Friday's in a row thus far
&
not only does she love class, she loves her teachers
&
has made some cute new friends.
Why the conundrum you ask?
This week, I've been feeling slightly under the weather,
low grade fever, coughing to beat the band,
&
occasional vomiting here & there.
Fun huh?
(apologies to those of you drinking your morning coffee as you read this)
So, with me feeling like this,
I could still go but I'd have to sit off on the sidelines
and someone else will need to go through the circuit with miss Rubes.
That someone else was going to be my Mother.
Phone just rang,
was her,
she's not feeling well,
she'll be staying home.
UGH!

So, here's my thing, do I GO to the class knowing how shitty I feel & risk getting anyone sick OR
do I go & ask one of the teachers to go through her circuit with her as I sit on the sidelines AWAY from the kids & watch
OR
do I break Ruby's heart all together & tell her that we're not going today?

See, here's the thing about me.
One of my BIGGEST pet peeves is with parents who
send their kids somewhere
(school, extracurricular activities etc)
KNOWING that their kid is not only sick, but POTENTIALLY CONTAGIOUS!
Those parents I can't stand, cuz it's THOSE parents of SICK kids
that get otherwise HEALTHY children SICK!
C'mon people, this is NOT rocket science... at least you'd think, right?!

Because of this strong dislike of those types of parents,
I REFUSE to be one who sends Ruby ANYWHERE if she's feeling slightly under the weather.
Period.
So, therein lies the conundrum...
...it's ME who isn't feeling good, NOT Ruby.
So, do I go & ask a teacher to do her circuit with her?
Do I not go?

My thoughts this morning as I mulled it over in my head were this;
I HAVEN'T gotten Ruby sick with whatever it is I have,
and we LIVE together 24/7.
SO, am I safe to go knowing that the potential for me getting someone else's kid sick
is most likely minimal?
OR, do I assume that the reason RUBY didn't get sick is BECAUSE we're always together & her immune system is smarter because of it?

Grrrrrrrrrr, at times like these, I wonder to myself;
"What would JOHNNY do?"

*UGH*


***********UPDATE***********

We went, we participated a total of 5 minutes,
Ruby wanted NOTHING to do with Class,
(even though BOTH her teachers, Ashley AND Lucy,
said they'd be happy to take her with them through the circuit)
it ended up just being one of those Friday's.

She did manage to score a picture from her friend Jack...
...he drew it himself & walked it up to her & said:
"Here Ruby, I made this for you last week."
*melt my heart*

PS: A big HELLO to Ashley, (her teacher) who is now a reader of the blog!

2 comments:

Mommy & Daddy said...

I would stay home...because if I was another parent there and you were on the side line coughing and hacking, I'd be shooting you a look to kill. Give yourself some time to feel better and do something special like make cookies with Ruby, she'll bounce back from missing one class.

Elyssium Earth said...

A Lil' boyfriend!!! teehee that's adorable. I wonder if he was thinking about her all week! She must have her Momma's charisma!! how old is he?