Friday, July 28, 2006

Almost done... *UPDATE*


This is the christmas stocking I've been working on for my niece Isabella.
It's not quite done yet but very close, just a little more outlining to do then it gets sent off to CA to the woman who does my finishing work.
It was a labor of love but it's fun to do!
If you're the type to enjoy crafts and enjoy counted cross stitch, I highly recommend taking a needlepoint class, as it's easy to learn & lots of fun!
(Plus, alot more forgiving if you make a mistake than in counted cross stitch.)

Once it's finished & sent to CA, I can expect to receive a completely finished stocking just prior to Thanksgiving... neat huh?

Niecie doo, AUNTIE LOVES YOU!
*hugs* to my Isabella...


*UPDATE*



Ok so here's the stocking once all my work is finished!
The outlining makes everything pop to the eye & now I can finally head over to B.F.Goodstitch to pick out the colors for the velvet backing & the satin lining & then it's OFF TO CA IT GOES!
*smile*
Now I can get back to my knitting... working on a special scarf for a friend.
I know I know... I'm an old lady trapped in the body of a 33 year old, what's up with THAT?

2 comments:

Just Us Girls said...

Beautiful!!! Good Job Amy..

Lisa and Tate said...

You are very talented!!! When I first "met you" you were just about done with Ruby's stocking...Now Isabella's!!! Wow how time just flies!!! Hope things are going better in the heart of the matter....

Lisa