Thursday, July 27, 2006

Socks


Socks... such a simple word, right? Five little letters smooshed together to describe those soft toasty guys we pull up over our feet before putting on shoes, yes?
Well, tonight as I was getting miss Ruby ready for bed after her bath, I had put on her lotion, put on her diaper, her onesie, and then I said "Do you want shoes tonight baby?" (shoes meaning ROBEEZ)
she thought for a moment, then looked up at me & said, clear as a bell "Socks Momma" and I was a little shocked because although she's heard me say that word a thousand times, she had never ONCE said it out loud... until tonight.
*grin*
I smiled at her & said
"YES HONEY!! SOCKS!! GOOD GIRL!!"
she smiled this big proud smile & said
"Socks, shoooooes!"
by this point I'm so proud that I'm tearing up and laughing to boot...
"YES BABY, SOCKS AND SHOES! GOOD GIRL! YOU'RE SO SMART!"

You know, when I named this blog I did so because it's so very true to who I knew Ruby would be... a little girl who not only does but SAYS things, in her 'OWN TIME'-
-Socks are no exception.

No comments: