Wednesday, July 26, 2006

It's official...


... my first 'official' date is this sunday.
It's nothing fancy, per request of me because honestly, fancy isn't what makes a mark in my book, it's quality, not quantity.
We're going to a quiet little place locally to eat & then maybe back here for some swimming depending on weather.
It should be fun, at least I hope it'll be fun, who knows.
I've been wrong before about things, this could clearly be no exception to my string of shitty luck as of late... never know.

What I do know is that I'm gonna just be myself, as I am always.
I probably won't even put makeup on since I have a pretty nice tan going already & don't need much makeup, really. Maybe just make sure my hair is down & pretty rather than bunched up in it's traditional 'mess-0'lastic' as per usual.
Pretty hair can't hurt, right?

It's just weird... this dating stuff.
I had set myself to think that I'd never have to do the 'first date' shit ever again.
No worries about a first anything for that matter, first date, first hand holding, first hug, first kiss, etc...

I really thought they were all behind me but how little I knew & how wrong I was.
Just breaks my heart.

I will live, I can do this dating thing again even if it's not something I remotely thought of doing.
Everything is strange at first, right?
I mean nobody goes into something like this gung-ho correct?

Sunday's date is Nick, and NO Karen his last name isn't Lachey *weasel*
hehehe
But you know, if you plan your visit accordingly, and you BEHAVE yourself,
maybe we COULD try to go HERE while you're up visiting. *grin* hehehe LOL

As for my Nick, he is easy on the eyes & has been my friend now for well over a year, so I know I can count on him to STILL BE MY FRIEND regardless where this date leads us.
It's just funny how things happen, things that completely alter your life in ways you never saw coming & were powerless to stop them.

Sometimes people say things they don't mean, and then they mean things that they absolutely say...
it's hard to know the difference, but easy to feel it in your heart.
Hurt is hurt no matter how you slice it.

Sunday, although weird, will hopefully be good.

And yes Karen, I'll send you a pic.
*smile*




1 comment:

My Baby Ain't White said...

Pity that, I'll be in Texas that weekend....

HeeHee,
Karen