Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I Just Got a Call from China!!

Karen here. I just got a phone call from Amy (and Ruby!) and Mommy and baby girl are doing fabulously well. May I just begin by saying that Ruby was cooing and chatting away in the background and it was way too cute for words. She said, "La-la-la....ma....mmmm" which of course translates into, I'm guessing, "Look at how much my Mommy loves me." (Hee!) Here's what Amy had to say: All is well - hell, all is FANTASTIC! She's blowing off tours with the group because frankly, it's taking all her energy to stare lovingly at Ruby all day long. She said she could care less about the tours - she just wants to get home with her precious baby. Ruby's health is well - a bit of diahrrea but nothing too stressful. No assplosions as of yet. (That's a good thing!) Ruby was OFFICIALLY adopted as Amy's daughter on Monday, the 21st of November. And Ruby's totally hooked on her baby bear and blocks. Apparently, she loves them so much that she sleeps holding them and her grip is so tight that Amy can't get them away from her. Amy still doesn't know Ruby's exact weight but in her words, she's a "chunker!"

Our conversation was very brief but there was no denying the happiness of Amy's voice exuding through the phone line. Dreams are coming true, folks, and it gives me goosebumps. Oh yes - Amy said she will try and get me some more pics tomorrow. As soon as she does, I'll be sure to post. I promise.

Congrats again, Amy!! She's a cutie for sure!






3 comments:

Shannon said...

Amy, I'm so happy for you I could bust. She is just beautiful, and I'm glad everything is going well. I look forward to more pictures!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting karen!
I am glad all is well, she is adorable.

Cant wait to see more pictures!

Carrie Yang

OziMum said...

Amy, I'm sooo happy for you! You got Ruby, the day we got our "Certificate of Adoption" from our Govt, we can now officially adopt! Woo Hoo! Thank God for the 21 Nov (also our wedding anniversary!) Ruby is a gem! (excuse the pun!) She looks so happy. Glad all is well. Thanks for posting Karen - love the pics!