Saturday, November 12, 2005

PUMPKIN WHOOPIE PIES!!!!!!

Ok, so Pumpkin pie is yummy, this is true, however I put a fun 'spin' on my Thanksgiving Pumpkin Treats every year since Jen's soon to be 'sister in law' Denise shared her secret with me and I thought I'd in turn share it with you all... I figure since I won't be here for Thanksgiving this year, but rather in China with little miss Ruby "Cheeks" Cate, I'd share this recipe in the hopes that this year, somewhere, SOMEONE could enjoy them! THEY'RE REALLY SOOOOOOOOO GOOD!!!!!!!!!! ENJOY EVERYONE!!!

Pumpkin Whoopie Pies

2 cups brown sugar
1 cup veggie oil
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Mix Brown Sugar & Oil. Add eggs, pumpkin & vanilla. Sift dry ingredients & add to mixture. Spoon onto cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes at 350

Filling Ingredients (aka, the WHOOPIE in whoopie pie)

1 egg white
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons milk
2 cups confectioners sugar
3/4 cup shortening

Beat egg white until soft peaks form. Add vanilla and milk and sugar and shortening. Beat until smooth.

Once pumpkin cakes have cooled from the oven, top one half with WHOOPIE icing & then cover with another cake. Overfilling with icing PREFERRED! ;) hehehehe

AFTER ALL, THAT'S WHERE YOU GET THE WHOOPIE!!!!!!!!! CUZ YOU GOT MORE ICING!

Oh, THEY'RE SO YUMMY! DON'T HATE ME CUZ YOU'LL EAT THEM LIKE MAD THIS YEAR! hehehe Enjoy!

-Amy

2 comments:

M3 said...

Oh my god! I am making these THIS WEEK! Wow. I am drooling just reading the recipe. If I gain 10 pounds because of these little babies, you are in serious trouble! >:-)

Thanks for posting the recipe on my blog, I've had 3 people (sweet tooth relatives) email me already about how excited they are to try them. You're a hit!

Shannon said...

I tried my first whoopie pie on a trip to Maine and it was divine. And now you're saying they come in pumpkin? Oh Lord I'm gonna have to bake these right up!