Wednesday, November 09, 2005

A true family heirloom...


You know... when I was a child I had a christmas stocking, it wasn't fancy but it was mine... over the years it either was lost or fell apart but no one really knows and now it's just anyone's guess at this point as to where it ended up, shit happens... HOWEVER, I was going to make DAMN sure that this was NOT the case for my daughter. I spent over 6 months stitching her needlepoint stocking and when I say it was a labor of love, trust me, it WAS! There were days that I didn't want to LOOK at that thing, but rather shred it up with dull kitchen scissors & toss it out the window! BUT, I did not, rather I kept stitching, because not only was I determinted to finish this for her, but I paid to take a damn class to learn how to do it in the first place! So, after all that stitching, I sent it away to CA to a woman who finished it all up with the satin lining and the deep blue felt outsides and it is now a TRULY FINISHED STOCKING which I hope will become very dear to my sweet Ruby. I hope that someday down the road, long after I'm gone, she'll still have it & cherrish it knowing that it was made out of love, from love with love, for her & her alone. I love you Ruby... and I hope when you learn to speak & can tell momma things, you can say how much you love your Mr.Frosty Stocking!! *fingers crossed*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy
It is a treasure and a wonderful act of love. Ruby will cherish it and will remember how much her momma loves her!!!
Lisa

Melissa said...

That's beautiful. You did a great job on the stocking.

Anonymous said...

Amy, what a beautiful stocking!! You did a GREAT job on it..

Can't wait to see pics of you and Ruby together!!!!

Carrie
NB, Canada