Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Did you guess correctly?

Here are the three unique squares that STAND ALONE:


1st- Top row: 6th square in from the left, was a piece of a cloth bag that held the contents of a DELICIOUS 'raspberry muffin mix'!! It was sent to me by my fantastic Secret Buddy, Anne!
Made those bad boys & had them with TEA!
YUMMY!!
So, although it wasn't an original 100 good wishes quilt square, I still wanted to include it in Ruby's quilt because it's unique & I love it!
(plus it always reminds me of those amazing muffins that brightened my day when all there was to do was 'WAIT'... trust me, waiting sucks, but MUFFINS made it a little easier!)



2nd- Top row: 7th square in from the left. If you look closely, this square DOES have a mate however, it's the 'square within a square' that is the UNIQUE ONE.
It's a little teenie blue birdie square in the bottom left corner. I can't remember exactly who sent me this bird, shame on me because I SHOULD know, but sadly, I don't.
WHAT I DO KNOW is that I LOVED IT and that even though it was teenie & not the same size as the other squares, I was DETERMINED to include it!



3rd- Second row: 4th square in from the left; the WHITE SQUARE! There is only one of this as well, and it was added by Ruby's Aunt Emily (the one who put this gorgeous quilt together for us!) so OBVIOUSLY THIS SQUARE IS EXTREEMLY IMPORTANT TO US as it's a piece of Emily, who we love VERY MUCH! Thanks EMILY!!!

And to our Auntie Patty (Emily's Mom) who brought the quilt over to us yesterday, a big huge THANK YOU! We LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful quilt. No doubt that Miss Ruby will always cherish it.

Anne said...

Oh...I remember that fabric from the bag that the muffins were in! It looks wonderful in your quilt... And I'm glad you enjoyed the muffins! :)
Anne

OziMum said...

I love your quilt! It's gorgeous! I have now got 52 squares, am thinking I'll never get 100!!! Might just buy the rest of the fabric myself! Can't wait to sew them all together - it's so exciting!