Sunday, April 02, 2006

Things we take for granted...


... most of us try not to be the type to take things for granted, but I think try is the operative word here...

Eventually, there comes a time when we all deem the daily chores/errands as mundane, boring, passe'...
Things like showering, laundry, dishes, sleeping, grocery shopping, vacuuming,
cooking meals from scratch etc...
It's funny how your world is literally flipped on it's ASS when you find a little person in your life 24/7.
I thought I knew, "I've been a Professional Nanny for over 15 years... " blah blah blah,
CRAP! It's crap.
Until that kid is in your care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT WHAT YOU KNOW & DON'T KNOW!
LOL
Sure I may know little things that only Nanny's know but hey, accountants know things that only accountants know
(thank GAWD for that cuz I am AWFUL at numbers!) but GAWD DID I WISH I KNEW AHEAD OF TIME HOW MUCH MY LIFE WOULD CHANGE!
What I wouldn't give for a long uninterrupted shower, or the casual leisure time to curl up with a good book, (now all I read are kid's board books...) my thoughts, (thoughts? what are those...) and some tea. (thankfully that's a routine I REFUSE to give up, every morning with breakfast, thank you very much!)
So... keeping all this in mind, I'd like to share with you all that, today, I realized one of the things that I used to take for granted, and I'll go even one further, I used to BITCH about having to GO DO IT, was GROCERY SHOPPING!
Insane... I was truly spoiled & INSANE!
Today, because of what is quite possibly the
WORLDS MOST GENEROUS, MOST AMAZING GROUP OF BLOGGER FRIENDS EVER,
I was able to go grocery shopping.
That's right, grocery shopping... today, for me, it was a LUXURY!
My fridge is PACKED with healthy nutricious food, my pantry is packed with lots of things that last a LONG TIME, (i.e: soups, pastas, canned foods etc...)
my freezer is packed with lots of dinners just waiting to be made for Miss Ruby and myself, and I am just thankful BEYOND thankful to each & every one of you who helped this single mom in probably one of the most terrifying periods in my life.
It's not over yet, but knowing that I have friends like you all, makes it easier to bear & with you all to help me and Ruby at my side, and now food for us for like the next month or more, this single mom is smiling & can perhaps see a light at the end of this tunnel.
Thank. You. All. From. The. Bottom. Of. Our. Hearts.
Ruby. And. I. Love. You. All. SO! MUCH!

*HUGE GROUP HUG*

-Us

ps. To all you families still 'waiting', TAKE THIS TIME TO SLEEP LATE, TAKE EXTRA LONG SHOWERS, TAKE YOUR TIME GROCERY SHOPPING, DO LAUNDRY JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN WITHOUT ANY INTERRUPTIONS, SWEEP THE FLOOR OF YOUR KITCHEN & PUT SOME GROOVY MUSIC ON WHILE YOU DO IT & MAKE THE MOST OUT OF THIS TIME YOU HAVE BECAUSE ALL TOO SOON, YOU WILL BE AT THE MERCY OF A VERY SHORT, VERY BEAUTIFUL, VERY DEMANDING, VERY CHARMING, AND VERY PRECIOUS LITTLE PERSON WHO WILL RUN EVERY FACET OF YOUR LIVES!
*grin*
(...and although it's tough, you'll love EVERY SECOND OF IT!)

=)

No comments: