Monday, April 10, 2006

Does 28 count?

This is Ruby's 100 good wishes quilt...
... only there aren't 100 good wishes, just 28.

"Then why are there 56 squares?" you ask...

Well, because there are duplicates of almost every square, with the exception of 3 unique pieces of material that stand alone.

(bet'cha can't guess which ones they are...)


And this material for the backing I bought from this lovely woman off eBaY...

(pssst, by the way, I have LOTS of this asian chinese newyear material leftover for any of you who want squares for your own quilts...
just email me your address & consider it done.)

5 comments:

Carrie said...

The quilt is very cute.

Alex is now over Ruby Roo and has moved on to Rockin' Ruby. Everything is "rockin'" lately.

Anonymous said...

Ruby's quilt is just beautiful.... Just like the sweet girl that it belongs to!!

R&H said...

VERY beautiful I LOVE all of the colors!

Shannon said...

Really pretty! Did you make this yourself?

Amy said...

Nope, I'm crafty with clay & drawing & writing etc... but sewing? NOT SO MUCH! Not even a single stitch! hehehe I had Ruby's Aunt Emily do this & it just came out SO BEAUTIFUL! It's simple, just squares, nothing fancy per my request as I'm a minimalist really. Simple is nice & less is always more in my book. Ruby is STILL IN LOVE WITH IT! She's sitting on it on the floor right now, counting the squares, pointing to her favorite ones, taking turns to sit Bear in one spot, laughing out loud about where she put him, then putting him into another spot... etc, you get the picture! She's so funny about it but I couldn't be happier, I'm just so pleased that she LOVES HER QUILT! =)