Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Finally...

...a SURGERY DATE!

Well, the second one technically... as the first one, originally scheduled for May 28th, was pushed back because my surgeon said, and I quote: "You're an apple, I need you to lose another 20lbs & then we'll schedule it for June..."

UGH, when he said that I felt like I'd had the wind knocked out of me!
Just wasn't expecting to hear that since I A. followed EVERY RULE BY THE LETTER and did everything that was requested of me & lost their 20lbs they said would be necessary before surgery.

I'm another 10lbs down now, which makes it 30 to date... 10 more & I'm good. Although I suspect that I'll lose more than another 10 as I still have 40 days until surgery.

The last 10 I lost in 3 weeks, so maybe I can surprise him & lose 15 or more?

I truly am living a whole new life... eating differently (no liquids with meals & not only no liquids with meals but stopping DRINKING a half hour before eating anything & NOT RESUMING DRINKING until AN HOUR AFTER EATING THE SOLID FOODS.) And by solid foods I mean high protein foods, ie; cheese, lean chicken, tuna, yogurt...etc)

I know, sounds fun doesn't it?
Well, honestly... it isn't that bad really.
It sure beats knowing I'll live the rest of my life, overweight, overtired, and in pain. I just am looking forward to NOT having to worry about whether or not I'm too heavy for a certain seat at someone's back yard 'cook out', or if I'll fit into the seats at the ball park (haven't ever seen a Red Sox game live because of that concern...) or if my ass makes my jeans look fat, that one's a killer!

I'm reading a book currently, "Such A Pretty Fat" by: Jen Lancaster, and the best part in the book thus far, had me CRACKING UP OUT LOUD at my doctor's the other day:

"What gets me is the 'pretty face' bit. 'Cause I won't mind being reminded I'm fat as long as you water it down first. Why not say, 'Hey, I'm going to insult you, but first I will congratulate your fortunate genetics and appropriate application of Bobbi Brown cosmetics to prevent you from hitting me. Shit; I kind of prefer being called a 'fat bitch.' At least it doesn't pull any punches. 'Pretty face' is only used to counteract addressing someone's weight. Nobody ever says, 'you have such a pretty face; it's a shame you're a whore.'

OMG I NEARLY DIED LAUGHING & WAS LAUGHING OUT LOUD SO MUCH SO THAT HALF THE WAITING ROOM SLOWLY SHIFTED THEIR SEATS & MADE SURE THEY WERE JUST THAT MUCH FARTHER AWAY FROM THE 'CRAZY WOMAN' LAUGHING TO HERSELF...!


hehehe, totally worth it, let them think I'm nuts, hell, I am on occasion, but one thing I know for sure, DURING THIS PROCESS, this whole WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY JOURNEY & LIFESTYLE CHANGE, if you DON'T have a sense of humor about most things, you'll never get through it, period.

Thankfully, God not only granted me with a tank ass AND a pretty face, but a SENSE OF HUMOR to boot! Good times...

So, more to come as I'm tired for now & need my Zzzzz's, but trust me, there's so much more to share, but for now, I'll share this: I'm Thankful for the light at the end of my tunnel.

6 comments:

Cindy and Co. said...

I hate laughing at seemingly random moments. Way to go on the weight loss though. It's hard to change the habits and patterns of a lifetime. I had to while PG and kept it up after (NO salt NO sugar NO flavor at least at first). What a difference a meal makes..lol.

Michelle said...

Good luck, girl! Oh, how I laugh at the pretty face remark. Heard it many times myself.

Diana said...

I will have to get that book...CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Tyler did tell me you were online and he left the IM up so I read it. I am HAPPY for you..it is a LIFE changing surgery and was the BEST decision for me.
I am reading the Beck Diet Solution..How to Think like a Thin Person. It is pretty good so far.
Diana

Phyllis said...

Way to go on the weight loss as well as the new surgery date!! I'm currently on a "diet" and know how hard it is--

kitchu said...

I need that book! And damn girl, good job on the weight loss, that's awesome!

Anne said...

Congrats on your weight loss and on getting your surgery date. You've worked really hard to get ready for this surgery, Amy! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers... Rachel sends hugs to Ruby! :)