Friday, May 23, 2008

My Pockets Are Empty But My Soul Is Full...

(setting the scene: Had my friends daughter over the other night for dinner & a play date with miss Ruby. Only stipulation was that Elizabeth was to practice her multiplication tables from the 1's to the 6's during dinner...)

Fast forward to dinner:

Me: "Five times six is?"
Elizabeth: "thirty?"
Me: "EXCELLENT! Ok, five times seven is?"
Elizabeth: "thirty five?"
Me: GOOD JOB!

Ruby pipes in: "AND FIVE IS TEN!"

Roar of laughter out of me & Elizabeth is snickering saying "She's so cute!"

Ruby is LAUGHING out loud & then stops abruptly & says:
"This is holy crap sad!"

OMG it was all I could do to NOT WET MY PANTS!

hehehe How blessed I am to call this little math whiz my daughter!

(Oh, and on another 'feeling blessed' note, I received today in the mail, my letter of PRE-APPROVAL from my insurance co. for my upcoming SURGERY on June 30TH!) AND finished TWO MORE blog books & working on a THIRD as we speak... not to mention that I'm now down nearly 35 lbs & that's after being on the scale this morning WITH my period so imagine the weight that will magically disappear in about a week when that's over? WOOOO HOOOOO life is pretty fandamntastic these days!)

1 comment:

kitchu said...

Oh I am SO stealing that perfect phrase- and God it fits the bill of my life lately! Long story, but trust me when I say it's holy crap sad.