Saturday, May 17, 2008

A Simple Question...

...deserved a MUCH BETTER reply.

The Question: "Wha's dat Momma?"

Seems simple enough, right?

Now, allow me to give said question some 'life' and insert it into it's proper place in the following scenario:


Me: *just out of a shower & wrapped in a towel sitting on the edge of my bed in my bedroom*
Ruby: *playing quietly on the floor of her bedroom with her little people.

Me, in my infinite wisdom, thought it would be fine to perhaps attempt to use THIS, quickly & quietly, before heading out the door for a baby shower we were attending. Had my towel laid on the floor, lotion near by, etc, etc, TMI, etc...

Ruby, who was like INSTANT STEALTH KID & APPEARED FROM OUT OF NOWHERE,
peeked at me, caught a glimpse of my little friend & asked: "Wha's dat Momma?"

My reply?

"RUBY, GO PLAY IN YOUR BEDROOM!"

Nice huh?

I really should have had something, ANYTHING at the ready JUST IN CASE of a situation like this... Christ, what am I gonna do should she find the rest of my gadgets in my bedside drawer?

Perhaps, it's time for a new hiding spot...

UGH!

1 comment:

Cindy and Co. said...

I HIGHLY recomend the changing of the drawers. That didn't sound right did it??? Well I recomend that too......but what I meant is this:
Imagine if you will: Dinner is over. Your husband , his boss, and his boss' wife all sitting around and talking quietly. Enter Popstar center stage. In the left hand gadgets she's dragging across the floor (yuck). In the right (and I SWEAR this is true) the riding crop my sister left in my car (she actually owns horses- Yes Ms. Ruby this is a family show)and two pairs of panty hose. Think higher location, think pad lock. Think Fort Knox. But for the love of God think faster than I did.