Saturday, May 03, 2008

Root Pot Pie & My Boy...

...I wanted to give this post a sunny light to it prior to sharing it's original intention. One of Ruby's favorite bands is the Laurie Berkner Band. Has been for as long as she's been old enough to know what music was. Recently, on a trip to the market in the car with Nannie, she made an odd request.
Ruby: "Nannie, I wanna heah Root Pot again, ok?"
Me: *confused look shot towards my mother in the front seat* "Ah, what's that Ruby? You want what??"
Ruby: "Momma, I wanna heah Root Pot again, ok? Nannie, you pway it for me pwease?"
Me: *what the hell could she be trying to say?*
Ruby: "Pway it AGAIN Nannie..."
Me: *LAUGHING* "Ma, I get it, she wants to hear Rhubarb Pie again..." LOL
Ruby: "YES! ROOT POT PIE! PWAY IT AGAIN PWEASE MOMMA!" (clearly she's losing patience with us, ametures.)
Nannie: "Ok Ruby, Nannie will play Rhubarb pie again honey... here it is." *song starts again*
Ruby: *smiling* Fank you Nannie, Ruby wuvs root pot pie song! Is her favworite!

hehehehe

I honestly don't think she even KNOWS what Rhubarb pie is, and probably all the better as it's some pretty deliciously sinful stuff! Best not to know about that for a bit I would imagine.

And now, My Boy:




2 years ago today, I said the hardest goodbye to my most beloved best friend, my fuzzy son, my 4 legged soul mate, Ebenezer. My dear sweet loving boy, not a day goes by that I don't think of you & miss you with every fiber in my being. You will be forever missed & always remembered with all the love in the world.
Thank you for 10 & 1/2 magical, wonderful years together. Memories of you brighten my soul and make me smile from the inside out. Always loving you till the day we meet again, old friend.

Love,

-Mom & Ruby too.

(who always, upon looking at any number of photos of my boy all around the house, will say, "Awww Ebby Eeezer, Momma miss you buddy, Ruby too!")

Ain't that the truth...

*hugs to heaven*

XoXoXoXoXo

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Awwwww Ebby Eeezer was a great friend. Plus, he was cuddly and super cute :)

Sarah's proud Mama said...

Oh, I just am getting caught up on your blog, I've been gone for a while. Hugs as you remember your best friend, Ebenezer. It's been about 4 months and I still miss Danny boy every day like he left me just yesterday. I feel your loss.
Robin