Monday, May 05, 2008

"Pikewed Pekkers, Wump Wump's & A Pancake Bear..."

True stories, honestly I couldn't make this shit up if I wanted to...

1. Ruby's been sick as of late with a fever that, as of this morning, was 102.4. Needless to say she spent the morning home with Nannie & Nonno while I went to work.
No biggie...

I come home from work & my daughter proceeds to inform me of a new 'song' she's learned.

"Momma, is a new song! Wisten... 'peteah pippah havah pikewed pekkers! How many he have Momma?"

Nice. I knew that one was my Mom, as she taught us the same song with probably just as much/little success many years ago. And what the hell is a pickled pepper anyway?
I digress... the fun's not over yet.

Then, as she's squatting on the floor looking over the new Target catalog, (brought the mail in with me moments earlier) she looks up at me & says, "Momma, I did a squeeker!"
(translation? A teenie TINY amount of pee decided to come out before she was seated on her potty... no biggie.)
I tell her, "It's ok Ruby, squeakers happen, even to Momma's sometimes. Just get on that potty before the rest of your peeps wants to come out too, ok?"
I hear, "Ok Momma..." and off go the little pitter patter of not so quiet feetsies.

(minutes pass...)

"MOOOOMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAA!"
"Yes Ruby?"
"I did a wump wump. Is so teenie tiny, it's weally just a stain prolly. Naymie is not a poppie, but just a wump wump stain. Nannie caw it a wump wump... right Momma?"

"Yes Ruby, Nannie calls those Lump Lumps..."


The joys of keeping babysitting in the family...


BONUS TIDBIT: After the wump wump episode, I notice, on the kitchen table on a PAPER PLATE (which I despise, only REAL plates & ZERO waste for me, so I KNOW it's a 'Nannie' thing...) a small round pancake suspiciously shaped almost exactly like our dear friend Bear. So, I'll bite, "Ruuuuuuuuby, come here sweetie please."
"Yes Momma?" "Ruby," I ask as I'm looking down at this smile that spreads the width of her precious face... "what's the deal with this pancake?"
"NO TOUCHIT MOMMA! IS BEARS PANCAKE! IS NOT FOR EATING! WE WUV HIM AND HES GONNA WIV WIF US NOW! WE NOT EAT HIM, OK MOMMA!"
Apparently this is seriious business. So, I smiled at her, smiled at pancake bear & said with a smile, "Ruby, did Nannie make this for you?"
"Yes Momma, Nannie made it."
"Ok, well if Nannie made pancake Bear, then he needs to live with Nannie at her house, not up here with Ruby in Ruby's house, ok? Pancake bear will miss Nannie, so we have to bring him back ok?"
"Momma, das a good idea! We will bwing him bak rite now!"
*evil grin*



Pancake bear is accepting mail at 14 Bisson Street (FLOOR #1)
should any of you feel the need to contact him and/or Nannie. (Aka: Betty)

*grin*

No comments: