Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Amy's: Everything BUT The Kitchen Sink 'MEATLOAF'


Oh My GOD this was SO GOOD TONIGHT I haven't even picked up from dinner yet I had to put this recipe IMMEDIATELY on the blog because HOLY SHIT IT WAS GOOD!!!!!!!!

Ok, here's how things happen in my house... normally, I make 'old standby' recipe's passed down from this one & that, but occasionally I have to bust out of that 'same thing different night' rut & get creative in the kitchen! Tonight was one of those nights & I ALWAYS have fresh produce handy so it's easy to cook great when you have great fresh ingredients at your fingertips...

I decided to get wild with 'MEATLOAF' tonight and the end result was just pure HEAVEN!

Here's the deal on my newly created 'EVERYTHING BUT THE KITCHEN SINK' Meatloaf:
(preheat oven to 375)
Ingredients:

1 lb lean ground beef
1 small spanish onion diced small
1 small red bell pepper diced small
1 large clove fresh garlic minced
1/2 package of sliced mushrooms diced small
1/4 cup ketchup
1 large egg
1 cup Italian Style Breadcrumbs
1 cup freshly grated Imported Parmegiano Regianno Cheese
2 heaping tablespoons of sweet pickle rellish (I use Claussen)

Combine ALL ingredients until well mixed. (BEST WAY IS WITH THE TOOLS GOD GAVE YOU, YOUR HANDS!) Plus, it's fun & messy & just feels FUNKY!
Once mixed, form into a loaf (or in my case, a half moon) and put on stoneware or glass baking dish.
Cook for one hour & let stand 10 minutes before serving.

Best enjoyed with loaded mashed potatos and corn on the cob!

OMG YUMMY! *I'm so fat tonight!* LOL

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh.... this sounds so YUMMY!!! I am adding this to my must try pile of recipes!!I've been looking for a good meatloaf recipe. Thanks for adding your favorites to your blog-- not only do I get a dose of adorable Ruby, but now you're teaching me to cook!! My family thanks you!!LOL!!

Anonymous said...

OMG we are making this on Thursday night...gotta go get some of the ingredients...yummy:) thanks!

Kathleen in Palm Springs
DTC April 28, 2006....

Joannah said...

You need to compile a recipe book! I love that you cook. I enjoy cooking but don't find that I do much of it. I think not having someone to cook for most nights takes the fun out of it. I think the love of cooking together and enjoyment of food is a wonderful thing to share with our children. Some of the best times I've had were spent in the kitchen with my mom and my sister.

Amy said...

So make it WITHOUT the rellish, you TARD! ;)

I know you hate pickles... you think they're not NATURAL. hehehe