Sunday, May 14, 2006

Raindrops keep fallin' on my head...


Honestly, have you ever seen
THIS MUCH RAIN IN YOUR WHOLE LIFE???
*sigh*
It's been raining NON STOP in New England now for a good week straight
& it's still not due to let up anytime soon.
In fact, THEY say that there are apparently two more storm systems headed in this direction that have the potential to converge right smack above us & if that happens, it'll bring this FLOOD OF 2006 to an all time record breaking HIGH!
*oh goodie*
(As if two seperate buckets catching drips in my bathroom and
10" of water in my basement isn't already enough, right?)
GOOD LORD!
It's so bad that the Governor has declared a state of emergency here in Massachusetts & things are only going to go from bad to worse before we see any sunlight at the end of this tunnel.
At least I haven't had to evaccuate as of yet... but there are many who have, so please keep those families in your prayers tonight & every day until Mother Nature stops the water works & cuts us a little sunny slack.
My Mom's Mom, (my Nanna) used to say, "Rain never hurt the flowers...",
but I'm guessing that she wasn't talking about rain like THIS! *ugh*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,

We had 2 wet-vacs and 4 pumps going all weekend and probably pumped about 600 gallons out of our basement. The ponds and rivers are now lakes and many of the roads around my house are closed. But we're not wading in raw sewage like those poor people in Peabody. Unbelievable. This feels apocalyptic ..

-A

Lisa and Tate said...

Hmmmmmmm... have you seen an old man with a beard collecting animals two by two and loading them into a ark in Boston Harbor???? I'm sending a life raft for you and Ruby!!!! And my good dry weather vibes!!!

Lisa