Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Celebrate!!!

That's right, there is definitely something to celebrate here in the Ruby Cate household... Momma got herself a JOB!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, you heard me right, a JOB!!!!!!!! So, celebration is in order, yes? A very good friend of mine who was insistant upon me finally using a little $ to get something for MYSELF rather than always finding reasons to NOT treat myself & do for Ruby... ( who couldn't, after all... that FACE! those CHEEKS! that LAUGH! )
Anyway... I FINALLY gave in to her and treated myself to a pair of these beauty's. Now, I have always LOVED Birkenstocks, but NEVER OWNED A PAIR, EVER! My brother and I have the same size feet & he owned a pair & I was ALWAYS stealing them around the house. (sorry Adam...) I just couldnt' see the need to seriously spend that kind of $ on shoes that I'd probably end up kickin the CRAP out of... as I'm TOTALLY HARSH on footwear, always have been. (like trying to put fancy shoes on an elephant, just isn't done.) So, when my new boss finally signed our contract for the next year, I figured it was safe to be a little selfish for once and treat myself to my BEAUTIFUL NEW SANDALS THAT I CAN'T WAIT TO ARRIVE!!!!!
I seriously buy cheapie Adidas sandals every summer... why EVERY summer you ask? CUZ THEY NEVER SURVIVE MORE THAN ONE SEASON, PERIOD! Yes, it's true, my feet like to kill shoes... ESPECIALLY SANDALS!
First of all, for the RECORD, I prefer to be BAREFOOT- however, there are times that being barefoot isn't all that appropriate, so if I HAVE to wear something, it's sandals, slides to be exact, NO TOE VIOLATORS!!!!!! UGH THOSE DRIVE ME APESHIT! Always have...

So, about this job? Curious at all to hear all the details? Well, I'll be happy to divulge them just as soon as I know my new boss is comfortable knowing that her story is going to be shared in such a public venue, fair enough? Let's just say that it's twice the fun, twice the giggles, twice the work but definately twice the blessings. Oh, and did I mention that I get to work from the comfort of my OWN GLORIOUS APARTMENT? *grin*

More details when/if I get the green light to share them, but I just want to publicly thank EVERYONE who helped me out in my deepest darkest hour... without everyone's show of support, both monetary & through prayers, I would NOT have survived, WE would not have survived. Ruby and I will be FOREVER BLESSED to have friends here in Bloggerville... truly, beyond blessed that most of you, know me personally. Gifts that cannot be measured with any other tool, but the heart.
I thank you all... and now without further ado', let's GET RID OF THAT DAMN DONATE BUTTON!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

13 comments:

My Baby Ain't White said...

YIPEE! WOOHOO!! So very happy to hear your news...

~Karen & Co.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new job!! I know that takes a load off your mind! Also congrats on your new Birks-- you will LOVE them... they are just fabulous!

Amy said...

*grin* Izi... 'YAAAAAY!' works JUST FINE! ;)

Thanks for the Happy Dance! We're dancing too!

-Amy & Ruby Cate

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy, I am so happy for you and Ruby!! Can't wait to hear what the job is all about!

Sandra said...

WOO HOO! Congrats on the job and on the shoes too!! :)

Unknown said...

I'm late, but CONGRATS!!!!!!!

Johnny said...

Congrats on your good news!

Karen and Jon said...

What wonderful news!!!!! Sounds like you found something great. Can't wait to hear all the details.

Anonymous said...

Happy Days are here again - yay, I am sooooo happy you. I am too doing the Snoopy Day for you. When and when you can share with us your job, please do so. I love the Birks-my girlfriend and my hairdresser swear by them. They are ugly but they tell me they are the most comfortable shoes made on this Earth.
Congratulations again on your new job.
Sherrie

Anonymous said...

Many congrats on the new job!

Carrie said...

YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!! That is great news and what a way to celebrate. Birks are awesome and they can be repaired if they poop out on you. I had a pair for 4 years and 2 set of soles. Enjoy the shoes and your new job!!!!!

Tonia said...

WOO HOO -- CONGRATULATIONS AMY!! I know that takes a load of your shoulders.

~Hugs
Tonia
Proud Mama to Delaynee Ruth Hui

Just Us Girls said...

Yahoooooooo! I had no idea. I was just talking with Karen on the phone and she told me.

Congrats!!!!! Wonderful news!!

XOXOXO