Sunday, May 21, 2006

A few favorite YUMMIES... *UPDATED* (see #11)

I'm sitting here enjoying a delicious mint chocolate patty frozen yogurt cone & thinking to myself " OMG is there anything better in the WORLD than Mint Chocolate ice cream/frozen yogurt?"

So it got me to thinking, I have alot of favorite yummies... & I know everyone else must TOO so I'm going to list a few of mine & please feel free to comment on yours cuz I'd love to see what everyone else just ADORES! And by the by... Islay, when you read this, email me privately ok? Link to the right of the blog to click on for that... thanks hon!

Ok, so here are a few of my things I simply ADORE:

1. Mint Chocolate ANYTHING! Ice cream, Frozen Yogurt, hot cocoa... you name it, if it comes in a chocolate mint form, SIGN MY ASS UP! (after all, that's where it ends up anyways, right?) LOL

2. Tomato Soup & Grilled Cheese on a cold ickky rainy/snowy type day. NOTHING BETTER!
You can keep your mac & cheese, I'll take soup & a grilled anyday thanks!

3. Coconut & chocolate together in ANY FORM, milk chocolate, dark, white, you name it, forget the damn lime, put some CHOCOLATE IN MY COCONUT PLEASE & THEN SLOWLY BACK AWAY FROM THE SINFUL TREAT!

4. Tea Tea and more PG Tips Tea ! Drink it EVERY MORNING when I get up and it is the only way I can truly start my day... it's my own personal 'Amy fuel' and honestly, Ruby's as well as we share the mug religiously. Now, granted... it used to be black tea taken 'black' for me, but with little Miss Cheeks having it as well, it's slowly evolved into more of a milk with a splash of tea rather than the other way around but it's ok, small sacrafice to make for my girl.

5. Hot Buttered Popcorn from Salem Willows! Now, to those of you not from around here you won't truly have lived until you fly your toosh to Salem, Massachusetts & stopped in at E.W. Hobb's inc. at Salem Willows Park & enjoyed some of their AMAZING POPPED BUTTERY SALTY GOODNESS IN PERSON! OMG, you people think that that microwave crap you've been buying is good? MOVE OVER ORVILLE REDDENPOOPER, THIS STUFF TRUMPS YOUR CORN ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!
And after all, when your popcorn has been voted 'The Best Popcorn in New England!', how can you NOT make an effort to get here & try some? Who knows, give them a call, maybe you can order some to be shipped right to your door? Here's the 411 on Hobbs:

E.W. Hobbs, Inc.
(Seasonal) (978) 745-7691
Since 1897, four generations of the Hobbs family have served original salt water taffy, home-made ice cream, and "the best popcorn in New England". In 1906, Everett Hobbs & William Eaton offered the first ice-cream cone in America!


6. Dill Dip!!!!! OMG some fresh cut up veggies & a batch of this dip & you've got yourself a party for ONE MY FRIEND! And since it's THAT GOOD, I'm going to share the recipe with everyone, trust me... if you like dill & you love to dip things, and not just veggies, I mean DIP ANYTHING (pretzels, chips, crackers, your finger... etc) you're gonna DIE OVER THIS STUFF:

1 16 oz container of Sour Cream
1 Cup mayo of your choice (I use Hellmanns)
1 T fresh lemon juice (or the juice of one lemon if you have them fresh)
3 T dill weed (but being that I'm Italian, I don't measure much, just a few good shakes & mix & then a few more. LOL when it's riddled with dill, you know you've done good...)
4T dried minced onion
2 t seasoned salt ( I use Lawry's Seasoned Salt)

Mix all ingredients together until well blended.
Put into fridge until time to serve, letting it chill overnight is best.
(Thanks to my Aunt Allegra/Ruby's Nanna T. for handing down this recipe to us!!)

7. Boston Beer Works own Sour Cream & Chive FRIES! *thud* sorry, that was my jaw dropping as I salivate just THINKING ABOUT THEM!
There is a more local Beer Works location in Salem & I go there every now & again for a treat, but man oh man, I honestly could just get those fries with a drink & call it a day, they're enough for a MEAL!

8. Grape Nuts Trail Mix Crunch Cereal... SO GOOD FOR YOU YET SO SINFULLY SWEET & DELICIOUS YOU'D SWEAR YOU WERE CHEATING, BUT REALLY YOU'RE NOT! I promise!!

9. Le Bastogne Cinnamon Sugar Biscuit's OH! MY! GOD! (do ya remember that tea I mentioned earlier that I have every morning? Well, get yourself a cup of that & an EMPTY cookie jar & FILL IT with these bad boys cuz you'll find that once you try ONE, you won't want to NOT have them in the house at ALL TIMES!!

And finally...

10. Werther's Original hard candies. No need to even explain why these wonderful little nuggets of HEAVEN made my list... only thing to ask yourself is, WHY ARE YOU NOT ENJOYING ONE RIGHT THIS VERY MINUTE??

Ok, so far so good, I'll add things as I think of them, but this should get you all thinking about some of the treats in your life that you just could not POSSIBLY live WITHOUT!

And remember, share the love, if you have something that you just know everyone is going to enjoy, POST A LINK TO IT OR SHARE A RECIPE OR TWO!

Sharing's fun... hell I learned that in kindergarten, didn't we all? LOL


UPDATE:
11. Nutella OH MY GOD SO GOOD! When I'm TOTALLY craving chocolate but there's none in the house, this is a FANTASTIC way to satisfy that craving without going nuts & devouring an entire chocolate bar. A little of this fabulous spread on some toast or with a few grahm crackers and voila, OMG SO GOOD! =)

12: Berkley & Jensen (otherwise known as BJ'S) Veggie Chips! OH MY GOD! You guys remember Muncho's yes? That deliciously yummy, sinfully crunchy, melt on your tongue potato chip from way back in the day? Well, picture the same texture & flavor, but in a healthier veggie version and YOU'VE GOT YOURSELF SOME BJ'S VEGGIE CHIPS! In Spinach, Tomato and Potato, these chips are going to be the HIT of ANY GATHERING! (pair them with the above 'Dill Dip' recipe (#6) & you're sure to have a crowd pleaser!

5 comments:

Joannah said...

I am so enjoying your blog! And now with your Ode to Food, I'm hooked!

Anonymous said...

Starbucks Java Chip Icecream - yummmmm - can't get enough!! You don't realize just how good it is until, well, it's GONE!! ;)

I love your blog!!!

Just Us Girls said...

My mouth is drooling now!! I also love anything with mint....mmm mmm

I seem to ne addicted to Ice Cappichino's with a splash of butter caramel... That is my addiction so far for this summer :0)

Newbury Greenie said...

How funny - I had a Werther's in my mouth as I read this!

Anne said...

Okay...since you brought up Nutella, I had to share my secret Nutella treat: Get some Kellog's Brown Sugar and Cinnamon poptarts (the UNfrosted kind)... toast one and then spread Nutella over it and eat! Oh SO yummy!!! :) I haven't had one of those in a couple of years, but now I can't quit thinking about them!
Anne