Thursday, September 14, 2006

Men In Trees... *updated*

" The truest thing I know about relationships is that sometimes we don't know anything at all.
You can't always get the one you want and sometimes the one you get may not be the right one at all... but if you have hope, the universe has a funny way of showing you exactly what you need.
The challenge is to let yourself be alone until the right one shows up...
but you can't hide either.
Heartbreak sucks...
but not having heartbreak sucks more.
The answers aren't in a lecture or a book but maybe if you get yourself happy, you'll find the right one.
I believe this because against all odds, I'm still an optimist.
That's the thing about love...
if it were that easy, everyone would have it.

*More Men in Trees...*

So I guess there's no easy way to move on from a relationship.
You can't flip a switch and suddenly be over it,
because the road really is full of hidden pot holes.
You can try staying in the relationship...
You can stay home and dream of the perfect unobtainable one...
But in the end, it just takes time and some Alaskan tap water
and the help of a town full of good men.
Thanks for sleeping with me Elmo."

2 comments:

OziMum said...

Someone said to me, Gee it's great how you got over all that hurt etc.
I said back "if you don't risk anything, you'll never get anything"

I think it's true, anyway!

Keep smilin, you'll always have your beautiful daughter!

Anonymous said...

if life is like a box of chocolates.....it would be the box without the diagram on the top of the box to see which is your favorite before you chomp on one

my sister was famous for turning the chocolate upside down and squeazing her thumb in until it oozed fruit filling which she knew she hated and put them back in until she find a carmel

I guess you can either do that or keep trying the a new one until you find your favorite

good luck