Friday, September 22, 2006

A WHAT?@#$%?

Ok, this is a RUBY FIRST my friends!

My daughter who LOVES pants, jeans, t-shirts, going barefoot etc...

... just asked me for 'A DRESS?!##$%#$%' !


Now don't look at me like that Ruby,
you KNOW that you've NEVER ONCE EVER ASKED MOMMA FOR A DRESS!


I was SHOCKED to say the least!


Then she took it one step further & while pointing to her toes said:
"Shoes Momma!"

So at first in very 'cinderella' style, we tried her very first pair of shoes she ever wore in China.
They're cute white leather mary jane's in size 4's.

Eh, not so much baby girl, those shoes are too small.

No sweetie, really... you can't shove your feet into them.
*SHOES MOMMA!*
Baby, let's find a pair that'll fit, ok?
*wanders off to find her Green Keds that Nanna bought her*

Ok so they're not girlie shoes, not so much...
(once a tomboy, always a tomboy)

BUT THEY ARE FUN!

And absolutely made for DANCING!


Dancing & JUMPING!

GO RUBY GO!!
*honestly, never in a million years did I think I'd hear my daughter ask for a dress,
I'm still sitting here in shock*
hee hee

But for the record, she makes that dress look cute!
Tomboy sneakers & all!
hehehehe

9 comments:

C's Mom said...

Call me a freak but I think the little green sneaks work with the dress. Or...at very least, she makes 'em work quite well!

Anonymous said...

Ruby, you are cute whether you are a tomboy or a girly girl ;-)

OziMum said...

Cute ensemble! Does this mean you can go shopping for dresses and cutsie girlie shoes?!!!

Donna said...

How adorable...now she'll probably want to wear nothing but dresses (we went through that stage!)

Anonymous said...

I simply LOVE those green shoes!!!

Tamara said...

She does make that dress look oh so cute! Thanks for all the great info on China in Nov. Glad to know you still can go swimming in GZ in Nov- whoo hoo, now that cute swim suite I got for Miya won't be wasted.

Anonymous said...

hey amy, what's elmo's bid up to? thanks.
lisa

Amy said...

Last bid for Elmo was $40... =)

-Amy

Anonymous said...

It's all my fault, I admit it ... My overt feminine-ness must have corrupted Ruby into wanting to be a girlie-girl and wear dresses and white lace gloves ...

Next thing you know, she'll be asking for fire-engine red lipgloss and $50 to pierce her ears

tee hee

Aunt Di