Saturday, August 04, 2007

2 cents... Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Ok, so after finishing Harry Potter, I needed something new to dive into, yes?
How many of you have heard of this guy?

So here's the thing,
I'll admit that infomercials,
on the whole,
piss me off.
HOWEVER,
that being said, I watched this guy on SPIKE tv the other night,
and I was truly blown away to the point that my curiosity got the better of me and,
I picked up his book.
(only had to pay for shipping)

So, I will also admit that generally, I'm a skeptic until proven otherwise.
Kevin's book arrived & within the first chapter, I learned that he's from Lynn, Massachusetts.
Merely two towns away from us.
That, in & of itself, was impressive.
If you lived locally & knew Lynn, you'd understand why people sing this catchy little phrase about the town:

"Lynn Lynn the city of SIN, you never come out the way you went in!"

I digress...

So, I was browsing through his book & jumped ahead to his weight loss chapter.
Now I know he's got a book devoted all to weight loss but let's not run away with ourselves just yet, and take things one chapter at a time.

So, I read...
and I read, and I read.

He not only suggests but goes on to validate through personal use himself, that
unrefined, virgin, cold press, organic COCONUT OIL is a GOD SEND.

Skeptic reads on...

I was impressed to say the least of the number of claims he makes about this stuff...

...but knowing that they're just claims until I find out for myself, I went out & bought some,
knowing that the worst that could happen was that it would taste gross, not do anything he claims it does, and I've only lost 22 bucks on the oil.
(Plus, if even after a week I didn't see any noticeable changes, I'd have just used it to cook with cuz lord knows I love to do that much!)

So, here's the scoop:

I've been taking it myself since monday.
One tablespoon in the morning before breakfast,
(chased with TEA or else I could NOT do it! It's still OIL after all!)
and one tablespoon just before dinner.

In LESS than one week, I can say with 100% certainty the following:

I've lost, thus far, 7 lbs.
I no longer have heart burn, period.
Probably a little TMI, but my bowel movements are flawless & regular & I barely need to use any TP.
NO, SERIOUSLY!
I feel better, I have more energy, I am not as hungry as I used to be and I don't snack as much at all anymore.

Monday the 6th will be a week since I have been taking this stuff and if it's already doing this much in under a week, I can't wait to see what a month will bring!

How about all of you?
Any thoughts?
Concerns?
Input?
C'mon Johnny,
I know you still read the blog,
aside from Karen,
you're the one who I KNOW will call a spade a spade.
Throw me your thoughts on this guy...


3 comments:

Phyllis said...

Sorry, I don't know much about the coconut oil, but finally caught up with your blog!
LOVE,LOVE,LOVE your new sassy haircut!
Can't believe how quickly Ruby is growning up!!
And-- did I miss the last few chapters of your book-- or did you put it on hold for awhile?
~~Phyllis

Sarah's proud Mama said...

I'm curious to see what happens with it...did you make any other changes along with the oil, or is that it?
Robin

Unknown said...

I don't know anything about coconut oil, but I do know that Kevin Trudeau is a fraud. He's had major run ins with the FTC and with the police regarding his past business practices. Most of them are about him defrauding people. I don't know all the details, but I'm sure a quick Google or Wiki search will tell you more than you want to know about him.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. That doesn't mean the coconut oil doesn't have some beneficial effects for you. Just be cautious when taking his advice.