Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Calm Before The Storm...

...yes, that is certainly what today is.
Why, you ask?
Because tomorrow, this house & yard will be filled to capacity
with family from all over the US!
Here's the list of attendants:

Me & Ruby
Nanny & Nonno
Uncle Adam, Auntie Leanne & Bella
Nanna T & Uncle Steve
Uncle Andy, Auntie Kris, Stephanie & Jennifer
Uncle Alan, Auntie Sue & Joshua
Uncle Bruce (my mother's brother) and Aunt Pricilla his wife.
My cousin Alison (Antie Allison to Ruby), her husband Paul,
& their 4 YEAR OLD TRIPLETS, Marissa, Olivia & Tori!

Now, if my math hasn't failed me,
that's 23 people and that's ONLY MY MOTHER'S SIDE!
Several of my Italian relatives may pop by as well...

...stay tuned, this could be what 'CRAZY' looks like!

*grin*

But seriously, my uncle Bruce only visits but once a year (he's from Wisconsin)
and my cousin Allison (previously from AZ but now currently in NH, couldn't take the heat)
also only pops in about once a year.
Goes without saying that they try to plan these visits simultaneously and although it doesn't always work out that way, this year... it has.

Tomorrow also happens to be my birthday.
I'll be 35 which is fascinating to me since I feel more like an overgrown kid.
How the hell did 35 creep up without me knowing it?
I guess when you're having fun with your beautiful child,
you tend not to worry about such silly things as time.

Then it got me to thinking... two years ago at this time, I was nannying Emma, Abi & Sam and waiting (albeit not so patiently) for Ruby's referral, which I foolishly thought would arrive sometime around my birthday.
I guess I just always thought that it would be fantastic to have it arrive then, as it would be the BEST birthday gift EVER!
Turns out, as fate would have it, Ruby first made her appearance into my life on Sept 7th, 2005, her very first birthday.
Here it was my little girl's birthday & she was giving me the best gift I ever received.

To this day I don't think that my birthday will ever register as important as it used to,
as now my favorite day of the year is my daughter's special day.

It's wild to me to think that we've nearly been together two years...
...I can't remember what my life was like before her.
I love you Ruby.
So much!

No comments: